Chapter 28

Nya's POV

"Ready for this wedding, Natalia?" Cole jokes as we walk up to the gate of the wedding in disguise. Harumi decided she wanted a medieval wedding, so we're all dressed up in medieval style dress, which is fairly uncomfortable.

"Of course, Caleb," we use our code names for each other. We don't want to raise any any suspicions by using our own names, since they've become buzz words across the city. The two of us keep our heads down, trying to avoid attention.

Last night, Zane was able to hack in and put all of our fake names on the guest list. Skylor is still going to help lure the guards out so there's less who could recognize us. We wait in the line to get in, separate from everyone else so if one of us gets caught, we won't all be. Karlof and Ash are back further in the line, and Skylor and Juliet are three people up. Skylor, however, is disguised as a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes with a completely different face so they won't catch her.

Once she gets to the front of the line with Juliet, she gives the guard a flirty smile.

"Names," he says.

"Diana Pross and Jamie Rose," Skylor answers with her disguised voice. He nods, crossing the names off the list. He gestures for them to walk through to the past through, but Skylor looks up at the guy who is obviously melting inside. "I hate to say this, but I saw an elemental master a couple of blocks down from here causing so,e trouble." She lowers her voice. "I think it was the fast one...Gordon I think?"

"We'll deal with that immediately, thank you miss Rose," she winks at him and walks through. Several guards leave to deal with Griffin, and the first guard who is checking names is off his game now, distracted by "Jamie" flirting with him.

"Names," he says.

"Natalia and Caleb Johnson," I answer confidently.

"Siblings, married, or neither?" he asks half heartedly.

"Siblings," I answer. He nods, looking off in the distance to where Skylor waves at him.

"Go on," he says, and we go through the short handed security who have to hurry to get people through with their lack of people. We're barely checked before we get through. From a distance, I can hear Juliet complaining about her contacts. Cole and I keep walking, acting like we don't know them to keep the cover up. All of our seats are scattered in the crowd of people, just being with our partners. Everyone heads to their seats, Skylor and Juliet having the closest seats that will still be not conspicuous. The rest of us are scattered throughout the crowd.

Cole and I take our seats at the outer edge of the row. When we sit down, the woman next to us narrows her eyes.

"Do I know you guys? You two look familiar," she asks. I look to Cole, but he looks startled.

"We work at that noodle place just down the street. I think I've seen you there before," I cover for us, hoping it works.

"Of course! I'm so sorry," she quickly apologizes, facing the front. Soon after, the wedding starts. Lloyd walks through with his mom escorting him, but she doesn't look happy. Then, several of Harumi's family members trailing behind. Finally, Harumi walks through with a dress that's obviously worth over ten thousand dollars walk through. She scans the crowd as she walks, so Cole and I briefly look away. Suddenly, she stops.

"You guards had one job," she announces to everyone, but it's specifically directed at the guards. "Seize her, seize Juliet!" Quickly, Juliet pops out of her seat. Skylor stays sitting down, trying to look like she's innocent.

"That's where I knew you guys," she woman sitting next to us spits. "There's two over here too!"

"And over here!"