Chapter 16

****-if you're sensitive to things like torture and abuse, please skip the section marked with this symbol

Nya's POV

"You never told me Lloyd was hot," Juliet tells me as I'm sitting across from her. Skylor and Kai are in my room (I don't know how he got in but oh well) so I'm hanging out down in the lobby with Juliet. It's pretty late, but we're having a fun time.

"I didn't think Lloyd would be your type. You seem like you'd like a guy a bit more rough around the edges," I admit. She laughs.

"I'm a sucker for the good boys. They have a little soft spot in my heart," she informs me, taking a sip of the water in front of her. "What about you Nya? What's your type?"

"I don't really think I have a type," I tell her.

"Maybe guys with blue eyes? And auburn hair?" she asks, making me blush.

"Oh be quiet," I laugh. A guard from over by the door walks over to us.

"It's time for you ladies to go up to your rooms," he barks at us, making us wince.

"But it's only 8:50," I tell him. He glares at me.

"Excuse me," he spits.

"We still have ten minutes, and I'd like to spend them with my friend here," I inform him. His face is red as he grabs my wrist.

"You're coming with me. We need to teach you a lesson for talking back," he jerks me up from my seat and pulls my hands behind my back. Juliet looks terrified, and so am I. He drags me out the lobby and down a series of hallways. Every time I struggle, he kicks me in the back of the knees.

"Help! Help!" I scream, flailing my legs.

****

"The walls down here are soundproof. No one can hear you," he informs me spitefully, nudging me forward. We eventually reach a room, and it looks like a torture chamber. The table Jay was electrocuted on is pushed into the corner. There is an empty furnace, ceasing to burn. There's various whips, knives, and weapons against the wall. My blood turns cold.

"We've got some fresh meat!" a man in the corner yells. Suddenly, many guards flood the room.

"It's the master of water!" another one calls.

"I caught her, so I get to do the honors!" the man who caught me cheers. "Take off your shirt."

"What?" I quiver in my place.

"Take off your damn shirt and shorts woman!" a random guard commands. The tears start flowing down my face as I take them off. When I'm only left in my bra and underwear, the man who brought me here smirks. Various men around the room cat call me, and the tears start falling harder.

"Someone, bring me a whip!" he yells. Quickly, a man rushes over and brings him one while two more come and restrain my arms while two others hold my feet down. I try to escape, but they're too strong.

"This is what you get for talking back. Next time, you'll think twice," as he says that, the whip cracks down on my back. I let out a giant scream every time the whip hits me. I sob as the pain floods through me, and my knees give out. I fall to the ground, the whip causing me more physical pain than I've felt my entire life combined. Once the whip stops, my back still throbs, and it doesn't stop stinging. I continue to cry. All the men there laugh.

"Get up," one man says before dumping a bucket of steaming water on me. I let out yet another scream. Next, another man pours a bucket of ice water over my skin, which is also excruciating. I lie on the ground crying, just wanting to escape. The men force me up and in front of a huge water tank.