Chapter 20

Jay's POV

"What?" Skylor asks us, anger oozing in her voice. We're at the resistance meeting, and we just told her Cole broke the machine. It's Nya's first meeting, so she's staying close to my side

"Cole took a wrench and smashed it," I explain what happened to the machine. Skylor is absolutely furious. Everyone else in the group watches her intently. Kai whispers something in her ear, which makes her calm down.

"I'm not even going to ask how Cole got anywhere close to the machine cause that'd only make me more mad. What are we supposed to do now?" Skylor stands up, going over to her computer.

"Well, do we even know where the exit is?" I ask. Everyone shakes their heads. "Shouldn't that be the first priority? Nya and I can figure out the machine. You guys need to find the exit," I bring up the real thing we need to focus on.

"Why don't we just make our own exit?" Kai suggests.

"We don't know how our powers will react once we take these off. Hopefully, we can use them like we use to, but if we can't, we don't want to be stuck with only that option," Skylor answers. Nya shifts awkwardly on her feet.

"Jay?" she whispers quietly, looking up at me since she's shorter than I am. I look over at her.

"Yeah?"

"Do you have any spare supplies? I looked at the machine post-Cole, and he only damaged the part that made the key. If we rebuild it, the machine will be fixed," she suggests, making a huge smile spread across my face.

"Yeah I do. Do we still have the blueprints?" I ask. She nods. "Perfect, you can announce it because it was your idea."

"Skylor," Nya gets her attention. "Jay and I can rebuild the machine. We have the blueprints and supplies." Skylor smiles.

"Great. Will it be done in two days?" she asks. The two of us nod. She claps her hands. "The plan we've had for the past couple months is getting put into action in two days. As soon as that key is made, it gets put in action." Everyone starts to quietly clap, so a guard walking by wouldn't get suspicious.

"Is it finally time to make the supply packs?" Kai asks, super excited. Skylor nods. The supply packs have been looked at for years as our last step until escape. Once we make them, it shows we're ready. The packs have immediate first aid supplies, water, food, and anything we want to take with us into the world. We leave all our phone behind so they can't track us.

"It's finally time."

---

"Okay, so lets go over the plan," Skylor says. Only Kai, Skylor, Nya, and I are left. Everyone else already left.

"Nya and Jay, you guys both wear sweatshirts over to the tree, so it won't be noticeable when you take your cuffs off. Once you make the key, unlock yourselves and send me the letter Q," Skylor instructs us. "Then, you two split up in the woods. Jay, you take the key and bring it to me where I'm going to be up in here with Paleman. Nya, you go to the bowling alley to be a distraction just in case something goes on, and Kai will be waiting there for you. Jay will deliver the key to me to unlock myself and Paleman. I'll touch Paleman, absorbing his power and turning invisible. Then, I'll go around to everyone and unlock their cuffs. Even if I'm not invisible, we can try. We all meet up around the exit, and we can all beat the guards working together. Once we get out, we scatter into our pairings of two, and we meet up at Nya's little cave thing to regroup and see what's next."

"Nya and I are switching jobs," I announce. Nya squeezes my hand.

"What?" Kai asks.

"We're switching jobs. In case someone rats us out, I'd rather have the people go after me and find nothing than find the key. They won't suspect Nya," I explain. Kai looks skeptical.

"You're sure sis?" he double checks with her. She nods.

"And you're sure we can tell Lloyd about this and get him to leave with us? What is keeping him from turning us in?" Skylor checks with Kai.

"He wants to leave. He only liked here with Harumi, and he wants to be with Juliet now," Kai reassures her. "I'll talk to him tonight about it."

"And all of us are wiling the take the risk if this doesn't work?" she checks with us. The three of us nod.

"Then lets do this. Two days left in this prison."

A/N another short chapter, but two in one day so yay

Next chapter is probably one of the most important all book, so make sure you pay attention

Any questions on any part of this chapter?

And here's a quick sneak peak of my upcoming book: Chaos | a Ninjago highschooo AU:

What happens when you mix the ASB president, captain of the football team, his right hand man, the nerd, the spoiled rich girl, a gang leader, the new girl, and an activist? Chaos

I also have a fun game. If you can correctly assign each character to the correct role (ex: Jay: the new girl) then you can be a character in the book! The characters are:

Nya

Jay

Cole

Lloyd

Kai

Zane

Skylor

Harumi

(So either comment which role you think each one is here or under each of their individual names. I'll dm you if you get them all right)

Ask me if you have any questions

Thank you so much guys