Chapter 21

Jay's POV

Nya and I both stare at the counter in front of us. Sitting on that counter is the key that is going to get us out of here.

"We did it," she smiles to herself. I have my arm around her, and her head is resting against my shoulder.

"You ready?" I ask her, picking up the key. She sighs.

"I have a confession," she admits. I look at her confused, holding her hands in mine. "I've never used my powers. My mom had my elemental powers, but I've never used them. I turned myself in to EMPA to try to help you guys get out." My heart swells.

"Thank you for coming. There's no way I could've figured this out without you," I give her a hug, but then I furrow my eyebrows. "So once this gets taken off, nothing will change?" I point to her cuff. She nods.

"But, I can still fight. I went to martial arts classes once Kai left to protect myself. I'll be fine," she reassures me, seeing the concern on my face. She leans in, giving me a sweet kiss, then gestures down to my cuff. "Take it off."

I listen to what she says. I put the key in the hole, and twist it. The cuff unlocks, dropping off my wrist and onto the couch. As soon as the vengestone leaves my skin, a piece of me that was locked up for 8 years resurfaces. The energy flows through me like it use to, and I smile. I hold my hands out in front of me. On my command, lightning shoots out of my hand into my other hand. The tears start welling up in my eyes. I hand the key over to Nya, and she unlocks hers.

"It worked!" she cheers, hugging me. I hug her back.

"Now, it's time," I pull out my phone, and I send Skylor "Q" before putting my phone in my pocket. Nya takes the key and sticks it in her front pocket. We both have our backpacks on with emergency supplies. "Be safe, I couldn't live with myself if something bad happened to you." I lean in and press a kiss to her forehead.

"I'll be. Remember, as soon as I deliver the key I'm going straight to you and Kai. I'd tell you to be safe, but I don't think you'll have a problem," she gestures to my hands. I smile. I lean in and give her one last kiss.

"I love you Nya. Come back to me in one piece please."

---

Lloyd's POV

Juliet and I sit at the fountain, waiting for Skylor to come by and let us go. Both of us have our backpacks.

"Juliet, I have to tell you something," I blurt out. She looks over at me.

"What's up, Lloyd?" she asks me, facing me now.

"I really thought I liked Harumi, like that I like liked her, but I didn't. It took you for me to notice that," I admit. "We've had real conversations, and you've made me genuinely enjoy hanging out with you. I really, really like you Juliet."

"Lloyd, I really, really like you too," she tells me. The two of us sit there smiling at each other and talking before we get interrupted.

"Lloyd!" I hear a familiar voice cheer. My heart drops. I look over, and there she is. Harumi is walking toward me with four guards on her sides.

"Harumi, what are you doing here?" I ask her nervously. I look next to me, and Juliet's face looks deathly pale.

"In all that time searching for a husband, I could never find anyone. I wondered why, but then I realized something. The only boy I've ever loved was locked up in here," she tells me in a sweet voice, walking closer to me. "I talked to my parents Lloyd. They'll let you out to rule beside me!"

"I don't want to," I tell her. She looks dumbfounded.

"What?" she snaps, confused.

"I don't want to be with you Harumi. I'd rather rot in here for the rest of my life," I spit. Her face turns furious, and she faces Juliet.

"This is your fault! What did you do to my Lloyd?" she accuses Juliet, pointing. Suddenly, there is a bright flash in the distance, followed by a series of other bright flashes. It catches Harumi's attention, and her face drops with fear.

"Restrain them!" she commands, and her guards hold both Juliet and I back. We fight, but there's no use. Suddenly, the flashes stop. Harumi smirks. One of the guards listens into his earpiece.

"Your highness, he doesn't have the key," he tells her. Her eyes widen.

"What?" she snaps.

"They searched him. His cuff is off, but he has no key with him. The girl must have it," he tells Harumi calmly. Harumi, on the other hand, is nowhere near calm.

"Did Tox say where she would be? Or where Skylor would be?" Harumi fumes, and anger bubbles up in me. Tox sold us out and told the guards our plan.

"No, your highness," he tries to stay calm.

"Damn it!" she screams. "If Skylor gets that key, we lose! Simple as that."

"We could send men to find the girl," one of the guards suggests, but Harumi shakes her head.

"That's too improbable," she declares. Another large flash in the distance occurs. "We have to use plan Z." The guards look weary.

"Are you sure?" they question. She nods.

"Just leave Lloyd here," she commands. The guard nods, and he whispers something into his ear piece. I start to squirm around more.

"Let me go!" I yell, kicking my feet.

"Oh Lloyd, don't worry," she walks up to me. "You'll be happier this way. We can be together now." There's a large red light that shoots out from the top of all of our rooms and spreads across the whole place. As the light goes over us, I look over at Juliet. Once it's over us, she fades out of sight, and the guards holding her come to restrain me more. There's no sound, only silence.

"What the hell did you do!" I scream. Harumi laughs.

"I saved us, Lloyd."

A/N so that was something 

What did you guys think of it? What do you think happened?

The highest anyone got on the roles thing last chapter was 4. Every chapter after this one, I'm going to announce what one person's role is in the A/N  

everyone got 1 of them right though, so good for you guys (I'm going to announce that one next chapter cause I'm evil 😈) no one got 3 of them right and the other 4 had at least one person get them right. Some of these people you might not automatically see in the roles they're in, but in the context of the story it totally makes sense

I hope you guys have a great day