Chapter 4

Nya's POV

Ever since Skylor made that call five minutes ago, the only sound in the room has been the constant tapping of her fingers on the keyboard.

"What're you typing up?" I try to break the silence, but it doesn't seem to work all that well. She glances up from her computer momentarily.

"I'll tell you later," she states, focusing her attention back on the screen in front of her. Her attention is fully taken away when there's a knock at the door.

"Who is it?" she calls, even though she stands up to open it.

"Jay!" he calls. The name catches my attention. It was another one of the names on the list. Skylor stands up and opens the door, revealing a boy a couple of inches taller than she is with auburn hair and blue eyes. He has a warm smile on his face.

"I have a job for you," she tells him as soon as the door opens. She walks back in the room, and he follows. Looking closer, I see that he has a slit in his right eyebrow.

"What is it? Do I get to make something?" he turns once he gets into the room, going over to small table I didn't even notice. He picks up a little piece of wood that's carved into.

"Don't touch that!" Skylor quickly runs over to him, taking it out of his hands.

"Why? It just has a..." he trails off, seemingly realizing what it means.

"It's the time of the year where he starts to get upset, so I thought I'd make him something. Please don't tell him! It's supposed to be a surprise, and I know you can't keep your mouth shut," it's like Skylor's forgotten I'm here, and her friend hasn't even noticed me yet.

"Your little secret is safe with me. Besides, I wouldn't want to ruin your chance of being girlfriend of the year," he teases her slightly. She hits him on the shoulder, making him jump.

"He's not my boyfriend," she sets the piece of wood back down on the table.

"That's not how he makes it sound. Don't worry, he doesn't talk about you to any of the others. They're sticklers for the rules. I know exactly why the no dating rule is there, but that doesn't mean it should be there. I mean..." he goes to keep talking, but Skylor cuts him off.

"I have a job for you," she tells him before turning him around. "Jay, meet Nya. Nya, this is Jay," she introduces him.

"H-hi," he stutters, making Skylor raise an eyebrow.

"Hi."

"Nya's new. Give her a tour and keep her busy for the next two hours. Oh, and tell her the rules too," Skylor instructs him, going back to her computer.

"What about the meeting?" he asks with something else in his voice that wasn't there before that I can't pick out.

"What about..." this time Jay cuts her off.

"Your boyfriend isn't coming. It's that time of the month where Harumi feels like Lloyd isn't giving her enough attention, so she flirts with him instead. He's not going to be able to fake being sick like I did," he sticks his hands in the pockets of his blue jacket that's layered over a white tee shirt.

"Oh well. Then, I'll just tell you what happened afterwards," Skylor goes back to her computer, so I walk towards the door. "Have fun! Don't get in trouble. Oh and make sure you don't..."

"Break rule 11. I'll make sure of it. Now, focus on your itinerary," he gives her a brief smile, meeting me at the door before we start walking down the hall in an awkward silence. His hands are still in his pockets, and his eyes are trained on his shoes. For a guy who apparently talks a lot, he sure isn't talking. It's once we get in the elevator that he starts talking.

"So, the color blue," he awkwardly tries to start a conversation. For both of our sakes, I try to keep it going.

"What about it?" as I ask, he presses a button in the elevator, bringing us to ground level.

"Do you like it?"

"It's actually my favorite color."

"Really? You look like someone who would like red," he says. If we're being honest, red was my favorite color for a while, but once Kai left, I started to associate the color red with him. When I missed him, red was my favorite, but once the reality of the situation hit me and I saw that he left me, I started drifting away from the color.

"I used to, but I'm more into blue now." We walk out of the elevator, but almost automatically, Jay pulls me off to the side and behind a pillar. "Wha..." he cuts me off by placing a finger over his mouth before quickly peering out from behind the pillar. We sit there for about three minutes before we hear the elevator open and close.

"We're good to go now," he sighs, coming out from where we were hiding.

"What was it?" I ask as the two of us start to walk out of the building.

"My friends, Cole and Zane, walked in. They think I'm sick and in my room. If they saw me, they totally would've ratted me out," he explains as we reach the street. "Did you already get a short tour of here?" I nod. "Then you pretty much know where everything is."

"There has to be some place that they didn't show me," I say. When I say that, it's as if he remembers something.

"There's one place I'll show you, but you have to promise to not tell anyone."

A/N:

Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you all had a wonderful day

This chapter and next chapter were supposed to be one but I decided to make it two cause why not ya know

Where do you think he's gonna take her?

What music do you guys like? I'm curious

Thank you guys for reading lots of love