Chapter 26

*3 days later*

Lloyd's POV

I've sat here for four days doing nothing. Harumi has came in and tried to convince me that her side is best. However, I'll never side with her. She wants to bring back a monster.

She hasn't fed me anything or given me any water. I've just been stuck here getting weaker. I'd do nearly anything to get some food. However, the one thing I need to get it I refuse to do.

"Oh Lloyd," Harumi walks in, her hair tied into a high ponytail. "How is my fiancé doing?"

"Terrible," I spit at her. She laughs, walking up and pressing a kiss to my cheek.

"You look terrible. You need some food, but I can't give it to you until you agree to stand by my side," she tells me, her face dangerously close to mine.

"Never," I grit. She sighs and stands up straight. "Don't you think your people find it a but suspicious that your future husband hasn't been seen by anyone at all?"

"Nope. I said that you're adjusting, and that you'll make your first public appearance tonight," Harumi informs me. I snicker in response.

"You're insane if you think for a second I'll go anywhere with a total psychopath," I inform her. She smirks at me.

"I know you think that, so I brought help," she gestures to the doorway. Two guards come in with a sad looking Neuro in between them.

"I weakened him like you said," Harumi informs Neuro. He nods.

"And if I do this for you, you'll let me free and leave my family and the other elemental masters out of this?" he asks. Harumi nods. "I'm so sorry Lloyd." I try to squirm away, but I'm still locked down. "What do you want me to do?"

"I need you to convince him that he loves me. I'm the love of his life, and he's head over heels for me. He'll do whatever I ask because he loves me so much. He'll only use his elemental powers if I ask him to. He hates other elemental masters because they won't see that this is the life he wants," Harumi plays with my hair while saying this. I sit here in fear.

"You can't do that. Can you?" I ask Neuro. He has a look of sadness on his face.

"I'm so sorry Lloyd. It's to protect my family and your friends," he informs me. He takes a step forward and puts his hands on both sides of my head.

"Please no," I beg. He tunes me out, furrowing his brow. A sharp pain floods through my head, the worst headache I have ever experienced overtaking me. I let out a loud scream. My vision starts to get dotted, and as the pain increases, I pass out.

---

Jay's POV

"This has to work," I murmur to myself. Over the past several days, I've collected supplies and built a little makeshift boat. It's not my prettiest invention, but it's going to work.

I walk it down to the edge of the rocks, setting it down. I hop inside, grabbing my food and supplies with me. I push off the edge, but after five feet, the boat capsizes. My heart sinks with the boat. I grab my supplies, including the broken boat, and drag everything back to the shore. As soon as I'm on land, I curl up in a ball and start sobbing.

When I first got here, it didn't occur to me that I could be stuck here the rest of my life. I could run out of food and starve, never seeing my parents, my girlfriend, or my friends ever again.

So I sit here and cry, cry and hope for someone to come save me.

---

Kai's POV