Chapter Twenty Six

~Amy's POV~

I faintly remembered Dad carrying me at some point in the middle of the night. I thought I'd heard him talking to Present Mic and Mr. Aizawa. I remembered being half asleep and Dad telling me to change into pajamas. When I woke up, I found myself tucked in my own bed surrounded by plushies. I must have been functional enough when he'd told me to change as I found myself in a flowy pale blue night dress. The plushies that Todoroki and Bakugo had given me had somehow ended up on a shelf on the opposite side of the room. I found it strange as I remembered keeping them on my bed, and the plushies I'd woken up with were all from Dad and weren't usually on my bed but displayed around my room neatly. It was curious, but I didn't think on it for too long.

A yawn escaped me as I slid out of bed. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes as I reached for the door. I'd meant to apologize to Dad for not sticking to the original plan yesterday, I knew Mr. Aizawa had let him know where I was but I was sure it had worried him. Shinso was too distracting and I lost track of time. Hopefully Dad wasn't too upset and I could apologize to him properly now.

As I pushed my bedroom door open, I heard voices from the dining area and was surprised to see Dad sitting at the table with Uncle Naomasa, a tired looking Mr. Aizawa and a chipper looking Present Mic. They turned as they heard my door open and I blushed as I remembered I was still in my pajamas and my hair was probably a hot mess.

"Aw!" Present Mic squealed, "she's too precious." He made a move to get up but Mr. Aizawa smacked him over the back of the head before he could get very far. "Ow, what was that for?"

"Don't be a creep." Mr. Aizawa grumbled while fighting off a yawn. "Good Morning, Amy."

Dad smiled, "Good Morning, Princess." He looked tired; I wasn't sure what exactly had happened for him to have gone to the visit Uncle Naomasa at the police station yesterday. Mr. Aizawa didn't tell me anything more than Dad was busy with some hero work and had asked him to look after me.

"G-good morning." I squeaked and looked to Dad, I wanted to talk to him but was a little nervous talking to him in front of everyone. I wanted to apologize and find out what had happened and why he looked so tired and worried.

"Everything okay, Princess?" Dad noticed my hesitation.

I was nervous, I knew I'd made him worry but I wasn't sure that was his only worry and I felt bad for going along with Shinso without letting him know. "C-can we talk?"

Dad paled and excused himself from the table before following me to my room. He shut he door behind him and before I could say anything he launched into a panicked stream of questions. "What's wrong, Princess? Did something happen? Did that boy do something to you?!"

"H-Huh?! What?! N-N-No, of course not." I felt my cheeks start to burn as I realized what he was asking. "I wanted to apologize and ask if you were okay."

Dad looked relieved. After a moment his relief turned to curiosity, "why did you need to apologize?"

"I didn't end up going to the mall like I had planned and I didn't contact you to let you know." I bowed my head. "I'm sorry."

I felt his hand gently fall atop my head before ruffling my hair gently, "it's alright, Princess. It's not your fault, it was that questionable Shinso character." He frowned.

"He's not questionable." I protested, trying to defend Shinso. Everyone got the wrong idea about him, "he was just trying to help..." I felt nervous, Dad didn't like me getting close to boys, I knew it made him uncomfortable.