Jayden's POV 😏😍

AS I SAT DOWN BY the dining table playing with my spoon and poking at my food, I sneakily took a glance at Jamie eating up all the food in her plate in such a hurry. That's probably because she wanted me to tell her my whole sob story, as I promised.

I wanted to laugh hard at her because she was being so annoyingly persistent on following me home. It's no surprise Rex had been so happy to finally meet her though.

"So, Jayden, how long have you and Jamie been friends?"

My eyes widened and I felt like choking my own mother. I loved her, but she couldn't just pop out questions like that!

"We're not friends," I lied and ate up one spoonful of the food in front of me. I saw Jamie look at me with sad eyes and I felt bad for saying that, but, then again she deserved my cold attitude for sending me all those stupid messages.

I'm normally not this petty, but I'll admit that she hurt my feelings and it's not exactly nice when a girl you're fond of hurts your feelings.

I took one final spoonful and stood up from the table. It didn't take long for me to notice that Jamie had stood up too. She mirrored almost every action I did, from placing the dishes into the dishwasher to walking up to my bedroom.

She followed me the way Rex would sometimes when he wanted treats. It was funny and kind of satisfying.

I admit I made her stay a while longer because I wanted her to stay, not because my parents had anything to do with the whole thing. It's my own luck that she's so fucking naive.

I bounced onto my bed and smothered my face on it, laughing inwardly and trying my best to be quiet.

"Your parents are home and we're done eating. Aren't you going to tell me now?" she asked with an eager tone and it only made me want to laugh more.

The bed sank a bit and I assumed she sat on its edge waiting for me to say something.

"Are you done being gullible?" I asked as I suddenly just burst into laughter, which, surprised me.

"What the heck are you talking about?"

I sat up and tried to stop laughing. "I lied. You didn't have to wait for my parents, but now you know them I guess."

Her face twisted from cute clueless girl to one of anger itself but I just stared blankly at her. I wasn't going to let her think I was afraid of her.

"Why would you do that? You know I missed dinner at my own place for this!"

Oh, I know.

My torso felt like it was being tickled by soft feathers, but I wasn't going to give in to laughter again, not yet. So, I shrugged and started to draw a few lines on my bed with my finger. I bet I was making her mad right then.

"Revenge?" I answered unsurely. "I wasn't really mad at you to begin with. In fact, I didn't really give a fuck about anything you texted me..." which is a damn lie because I like you, but, forgiving you shouldn't be too hard. "...And you already apologized with that vague text, remember?"

"So, me following you here-"

"Just luck," I said with another shrug. "I wanted you to know where I lived anyway. Just in case you ever came over."

"Came over?"

I smiled inwardly again as I noticed her voice change. "Yeah. Like, to hang out. As friends."

She nodded absent-mindedly. "As... friends."

Pfft. She must really think I'm a fucking idiot if she doesn't already know that I knew she liked me. I mean, even now, she sounds disappointed with me calling her a friend. During dinner, she frowned when I claimed that she wasn't a friend. She even stares at me when she thinks I'm not looking for fuck's sake!