Draconic Magic

This was taken from a forum post on www.spellsofmagic.com which can be found here: www.spellsofmagic.com/read_post.html?post=229345

(I've added that link as the External Link for this part)

First, what is Dragon Magick?

Dragon Magick is simply the practice of Magick with the aid of Dragons. No matter what type of magick you practice, be it necromancy or healing, curses or blessings, you can ask a dragon for help. Keep in mind, however, that dragons are indeed alive. They have personalities, they have morals, and they value honour as well as compassion and positivity in general. If your goals are negative, are meant to harm others unjustifiably, or otherwise may be frowned upon by dragons they can and likely will say no. This means, no help for you. 

What is Dragon Magick not?

Dragon Magick is not a form of cult nor religion. It is not anything bad, in fact it requires that which is often considered good. Dragon Magick does not require you be of a certain religion, hold certain beliefs, live a certain specific lifestyle, nor in any way dictates what you do. However, it does require a dragon's approval for success since it requires a dragon help you, so certain things such as living honourably and, of course, believing in dragons would be required. Dragon Magick does not cost money, require specific tools, require any sacrifices, nor in any way dictates what you do in/with your life. 

What are dragons?

Dragons are wise and powerful entities. Beliefs differ on specifics about dragon history and life. Some(such as myself) believe that they once lived on the material plane and later left to escape the cruelty of humanity. With such a belief, every dragon would be at least five centuries if not thousands of years old, giving them plenty of time to develop morals and wisdom. Others believe that they live and die in the same cycle as we do although on a different plane of existence. Regardless, there is no doubt about their wisdom and power thus no doubt that they deserve respect.

Physically, dragons are large reptilian creatures depicted differently by different cultures. Some are depicted with two legs, wings, and a long neck. Others are depicted with four legs, two wings, a massive body, a large tail, long neck, and horns. Still others are depicted with four legs, no wings, horns, long body, long tail, and long neck. It all depends on the culture, but the basics are fairly consistent. Dragons are large, powerful, ancient reptilian entities.

Astrally, dragons are little less intimidating and much more relaxing then their physical counter-parts. Each one is usually associated with one of six elements, although two of the elements are debatably so. The elements are fire, earth, water, air, chaos and spirit. The appearance of these dragons really depends on what the dragon itself favours, they are restricted by nothing, but usually their appearance in some way reflects their element and/or preferences/personality.

Some traits to work on for working with dragons are the traits you may likely be judged for by others. Compassion, respect, wisdom, patience, mercy, generosity, kindness, and discipline. If a dragon sees you as a being without compassion, no respect, a fool with no patience nor mercy, selfish, rude, and out of control, they are as likely to turn down your plea for help as any human who could see such things would turn down an offer of friendship. 

How do you gain a dragon's aid?

The methods are usually quite simple, although for the sake of rituals often made quite elaborate or extravagant. All you really have to do is ask. Simply ask for help. Some people will make the request into a poetic verse or rhyme, some make it a song, others make it a short and inspiring speech, some might even make it a long speech, but the basic point is always the same - ask. 

What might ensure you don't get a dragon's aid?

Command. Often people think "I'm going to be a master of Dragon Magick and control dragons everywhere!" Then perform some ritual in which they basically say "You will obey me!" And, amusingly, wonder why nothing ever happens. The reason why nothing happens is that dragons by no means are ever required to obey humans. If dragons were material beings, they could easily eat us. If they don't like the flavor, they could use fire. If they don't want to waste the energy, just a lowering of their mighty claws would suffice. Honestly, why should they obey our selfish and rude commands? I say again, ask for help. Don't command.

Attempting to command a dragon says allot about a person. It says they lack wisdom, respect, compassion, and experience. It also says that they are not yet ready to work with dragons.

Other ways include misusing abilities, such as asking for help to harm another individual without just cause. This shows immaturity and lack of discipline. Rude or arrogant remarks that suggest you are superior to someone else, this also shows a lack of maturity, wisdom, and compassion. It's really just common sense, anything that promotes negativity of any kind such as being emotionally, physically, spiritually, or otherwise harmful to others in any way at all is not good.

Further information:

https://web.archive.org/web/20130527030455/http://www.fox-moon.com:80/dragon.html

https://www.spellsofmagic.com/coven_ritual.html?ritual=2269&coven=6

https://www.spellsofmagic.com/read_post.html?post=927647

https://www.spellsofmagic.com/read_post.html?post=843203