Chapter 52: something up his sleeve

I sat in my bed, laying beside Caleb as he talked to me about his life. He came over a little while ago after a phone call complaining about how nothing ever goes right for him. I didn't want him to have those thoughts alone so I begged Grayson to pick him up and bring him to me. Now he's here in full rant, spilling out his feelings and his soul. "... and I'm not saying this is because of her but how can it not be? She's still managing to ruin me."

"But how?" I question, staring at the side of his head. He sits up, shaking his head.

"She somehow manages to keep a hold on me. She's testing the waters right now. Every time... every time she's with him, she makes sure I notice, every time he isn't she's talking to me about him. I didn't care at first but now I'm noticing. She's using him to make me jealous and it's working. It's working."

"But doesn't Mads really like him?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowing trying to think of the situation. I thought Caleb was over Madison already, but seeing the look on his face I can see that's not even the case.

"I think she did at first." He said, looking over at me, shrugging. "But recently it's like she's dragging him on to make me jealous. I don't want to be jealous Alexis."

"Remember what she did Caleb, she hurt you, and cheated. Don't get me wrong I love Madison but she did you dirty. You guys managed to be friends again isn't that enough?" I asked.

"It should be considering I really shouldn't even communicate with her. She doesn't deserve me, but at the same time..... I want her." He sighs, I sat up, wrapping my arms around him tightly. He rested his head on my shoulder, as one of my hands massaged his hair and the other rubbed his back.

"That's what love does to you babe." I told him, honest. "You have feelings for those you shouldn't. You know you deserve better, but you can't seem to want better because it's them. You're still going to want them."

"Fuck love." He cursed. I nodded my head, that was one of the realist things he's ever said.

"You know what...." I suggest, an idea coming to my mind. "Let's go out, see a movie."

"You got money?" He asked. "Funds are low for me right now since I got fired from Mcdonalds."

"I thought you had an interview for Jcpenney." I rose my eyebrow, remembering last week when he told me.

"Oh I do, it's on Wednesday."

"Oh." I answer. "Well yeah, I've got forty. I need to start picking up shifts at the restaurant but my parents don't want me working past eight and working four hours with only two days a week just doesn't cut it financially."

"You can't get a ride after work?" Caleb asked, getting off the bed and pulling his red checkerboard Vans back onto his feet.

"I'm sure I can, I just don't want to be a bother all the time." I explained, "I'm supposed to learn how to drive soon if Gray wants to hurry with a lessons date."

"I can teach you, I have a car you know." Caleb laughed as he fixes his hair in the mirror.

"So teach me." I suggested, walking past him into my closet and grabbing a jacket. I turned back to see Caleb fixing the jean jacket he was wearing. His style has upgraded recently, he looks like a tumblr kid now. He went from wearing jeans and a hoodie to wearing tee's, ripped jeans, and sneakers.

"Gotchu." He said, as he followed me downstairs to the living room. Rosemary, Gabe, Daisy, and Grayson were all sitting on the couch watching TV when I walked in.

"Hey Gray, do you mind dropping us off at the movies?"

"Or even at my place to scoop my car?"