Chapter 33: i love you

Unlike Westbrooke Meadowlane hasn't been too interested in me. I've gone from being the Golden Girl to the new girl. Nobody knows me and so far nobody has tried to introduce themselves to me.

         Part of me is thankful for it though – I guess I just don't want to meet new people because I know this is all just temporary. In a months time I'll be changing my name from Alexis Lynn Deaken to Alexis Lynn Ramirez, and I can't wait for it.

          I'm dying to be home surrounded by my family who loves me. I sat at the lunch table in an unfamiliar cafeteria wishing that this was some sort of dream and my friends were going to pop up out of nowhere and we were all going to eat together.

         But the only popping up I recieved was someone throwing a piece of popcorn at me and it landing in my hair. I pulled it out, scowling and looked in the direction of where it was thrown from to see a petite girl with dark black hair and bright purple tips, smirking at me. "What?" I spat at her, rudely might I add.

        I know I'm supposed to be good but I won't do it. Not when this girl is being a bitch throwing food at me. I'm not the same Alexis from Westbrooke. I have no reason to hide my true self in the shadows now. If people in this rundown school want to keep fucking with me then so be it, I'm just not going to hold back.

"New girl is fiesty, huh." She laughs, her other friends surrounding her laughing as well. I knew the only reason she was acting this way to me was for the attention of everyone else around her. It was obvious she was trying to impress them, and she was beaming with excitement that they were.

"How about you mind your business?" I stated dryly, standing up from the table and leaving the cafeteria. I pulled my schedule out of my bag and walked around the halls trying to find where my Sculpture class was at. It ended up being on the third floor of the building so I leaned up in front of the classroom door waiting for the bell to ring.

          As I stood there, my mind started to think of Grayson once again, like it seems to do a lot now. I started remembering his love for cookie dough icecream, and his snarky little remarks that he had to say whenever I woke up him in the morning with phone calls or even when we had sleepovers. I missed when he'd play with my hair, or pull me onto his lap out of the blue. I miss his advice and the way he knew exactly how to make me feel better and believe his words.

         Sighing, I've come to the realization that I like him. I really like him and I hope he likes me. When Saturday comes and I get to talk to him, I'm telling him straight up, right then and there about my feelings. I don't even care if he doesn't like me. I just can't keep this hidden.

        The bell rang causing my fantasies about Grayson to disappear and for me to head into Sculpture class.

        After school ended, Kimberly picked me up in the school parking lot and took me back to the house. It was empty because Cora and Suzy weren't out of school yet so I just went upstairs to the bedroom I was given. I wish I had my laptop but Carrie forced Kimbery to take it away from me saying I needed to earn it back

      I don't know what I ever did to Carrie but she's got a stick up her ass. Well I mean if we ignore that day back in Myles house when I got in her face screaming. Which reminds me, Myles was a nice dude. He must think im a psychopath. I laughed at the thought and started the endless amount of homework this school has given me.

        After awhile I heard the front door slam shut again, so I headed out of my room to see Suzy walking up the stairs with her big ole Barbie backpack that Kimberly bought her yesterday.

     "Hi." She yawns, waving at me. I watched her as she walked by me and went into the room beside mine. I followed after, laughing as she jumped onto the bed and shut her eyes.