Chapter 37: dreams&shopping

Seeing as I was still trapped at Meadowlane High, I was forced to ride to school with the one and only Marshall Connor. The first time I rode with him, it was awkward and the entire carride to school was full of silence. But during the ride home, he was far more talkative than the last time. Probably because he had more to talk about though.

   "No offense or anything..." I said slowly, interrupting him. "But I really don't care about whatever it is you're talking about."

  "And why is that?" He asked as he drove. I glanced over at him, taking in his appearance before shrugging.

"Your life has no value to me." I explain. "Actually wait that sounds too harsh, what I meant to say is your business has no value to me."

"All I told you about was that a freshman asked me out today." Marshall laughed, pulling the car up into the driveway. I shook my head, getting out of the car.

I roll my eyes, "So you're not gonna mention the part where you said she had a fat ass?"

His laughter filled the car making me feel the need to jump out, but jumping out would result to being wasted, like in GTA. I continued to roll my eyes, waiting and waiting for us to pull into the driveway of his house. "She's too young regardless, I'm nearly nineteen. She's like fifteen."

"You're just digging the hole deeper for yourself." I shook my head, this kid is ridiculous. "You make yourself sound like a pedo."

"I'm not a pedo." Marshall answered, stopping at a red light. "She's the one who came on to me knowing how old I am. When I first talked to her I genuinely thought she was like a junior. How is it my fault this generation looks way older than they actually are?"

"You could just stop flirting with every girl within a few feet from you, how about that?" I stated.

"I don't flirt with anyone." He says, grinning. "But I can't lie, I'd like to get a chance with Lindsay."

"Not happening, ever!" I said, loud making it really obvious that him and Lindsay could never happen – EVER.

"Why not? She's so attractive. I stalk her Instagram page sometimes."

"Almost every pic she has on there is her with Brett." I said, remembering her posts on Instagram.

"Yeah but if I zoom in on her then I don't see him in it." He said, pulling into the driveway. Relieved, I grabbed my backpack from the back of the car and hopped out, running up the steps of the porch and toward the front door trying to get as far away from Marshall as possible. I had a key given to me by Denise so I opened the door and headed straight to the kitchen and raided the fridge.

I spent the next twenty minutes stuffing my face with anything and everything before heading upstairs to my bedroom where I laid in bed, deciding to take an afternoon nap.

••••••••••••••••••

I don't know what drew me to Grayson's house, but I stood in front of his house once again, making me feel like the first time I came here when I had a lot of shit going on and Tim hurt me. Sighing, I walked up his front steps and toward the front door. The only car in his driveway was his, meaning it was just him here. I've never met his Mom before, and I didn't meet his little brother either but right now wasn't the time for that.

I knocked on the door two times, and then rang the door bell in hopes of him coming down to answer. I waited patiently for him to open up the door and for me to come across his features. To see him wearing a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie and his hair to be messy and disheveled. His eyes to be lazy and for him to be half asleep. It was late, after midnight. His mom was working and his little brother was spending his night at his cousins like he did every Friday.