Chapter 43: where my heart belongs

"Get up already." I heard Marshall groan, and then someone flick my head. My eyes opened, and I let out a yawn. "Gross your breath stinks." He said, moving away. I rolled my eyes and sat up in the bed.

    "What time is it?" I asked him, scratching the crust from the corner of my eyes. I can't lie, that sleep felt amazing, I never wanted to get up. Truthfully, I can fall back to sleep right now if I wanted. I grinned and laid back down on my pillow shutting my eyes.

  "It's noon." He answers, ripping the blanket off my body. Sighing, I opened my eyes and glared at him. "Stop giving me that face. We said we were going bowling today."

"Your point? It's New Years, the bowling alley doesn't open up until five tonight."

   Marshall grabbed my arm and pulled me up from the bed, I let him drag me across the hall into the bathroom where he told me to brush my teeth – I guess my morning breath really could kill. I wonder if Grayson noticed that the day in his car – how embarrassing. I scrunched up my face and brushed my teeth.  "Basically... I want to go out for breakfast, Mom got called into work and I'm hungry."

I nodded my head, and spit out my toothpaste, continuing to brush my teeth. I'm craving pancakes and bacon, so I'm down. After I finished, I glanced back to Marshall and nodded my head. "Well can I shower?"

He shook his head, "No just go like that. We're gonna come back here anyways."

"You're only saying that because I'm wearing the gray sweats you bought me and they make it look like I have an ass." I snicker, walking past him. He laughed, following behind me and collapsed onto my bed as I put on a pair of sneakers.

"You know me so well." He patted my back. "I'll meet you in the car."

Once he was gone, I brushed my hair and pulled it up into a bun, and grabbed a hoodie. I was still tired but my hunger was stronger than my tiredness and I really wanted to eat right now.

  When I got outside, and started nearing the car I realized that Marshall, once again, was recording me on his snapchat. I grinned sheepishly and got into the passenger seat. When he stopped recording, I gave him a blank stare and turned the music on.

  I'm almost always on his snapchat.

"You know we only have like two days left with eachother right?" Marshall spoke, stopping at a red light.

  Of course I've realized I'm supposed to be getting adopted on the third, but none of that will change anything. I'm not going to completely shut Marshall and Denise out.

"I'm not going anywhere, all I'm doing is going home. It's not like I can't take trips up here and you can't take trips to me. Plus if I have a birthday party you are definitely coming."

"Oh yeah, your seventeenth birthday is soon." Marshall smirked, nudging me a little. "What do you want?"

"Just your presence on that day, to be honest." I said, looking at him – smiling.

    By the time my birthday comes around I believe I'll have everything I've wanted.

"Well then, you've got it." He smirked, pulling into the parking lot of a diner. I got out, following him in. A girl from school stood there at the podium waiting for someone to enter.

"Hi, welcome to Darcy and Miguel's, table for two?" She smiles, grabbing two menus. "Hey Marshall."

"Kat." Marshall waved, stepping closer to me. I almost snickered at him trying to make it seem like I'm his girlfriend when everyone knows I'm just his foster sibling.