Chapter 15: Sleepovers

After having Christian drop me off at Gabe's house, I walked up his driveway and toward his front porch.

After knocking a couple of times, the door opened and Mrs. Ramirez, Bianca, appeared. When she saw me she smiled. "Alexis! Are you okay?" She asked pulling me inside.

I chuckled, but then I remembered how she said to come over when anything happened. "I'm fine, I'm here to see Gabe." I told her.

She nodded and brought me into the living room, I saw her husband, whom I've never got the chance of meeting sitting on the couch with Gabe's younger sister, Daisy sitting down beside him. This time she doesn't look sick though.

"Hello." I waved standing behind one of the chairs in the living room. "I'm Alexis Deaken. One of Gabe's friends." I introduced myself to Gabe's father.

He looked up at me and I swear I thought his eyes were about to shoot out of his head, I was confused, but I was brought by more confusion when he started speaking. "Deaken? Deaken!"

"Yeah that's my last name." I told him awkwardly as I put my hands in the front pockets of my pants.

Why was he acting strange? Is his father always so strange?

"Bianca, we need to talk." He said as he got off the couch quickly and grabbed his wife's arm and pulled her out of the room.

I watched as they left out of my sight. I heard a door close behind them, and I stood there quietly. I looked over at Daisy who was watching cartoons.

Gabe came downstairs with a bowl in his hand but stopped when he saw me. "What are you-"

"I came by. I got all your messages and stuff. Thought I'd stop by." I interrupted as I explained why I'm at his house late at night.

He nodded and started walking to the kitchen. I followed after him and sat down at the table. Gabe put his bowl into the sink and then came and sat across from me. "So where the hell were you?" He said getting straight to the point.

"God, Gabe you won't believe what happened." I sighed rubbing my hands on my face. "Tim is ridiculous."

"What'd he do? Grayson came to me worrying in school about how Tim came and picked you up early." He explains.

"Dude, he made me go with him because he owed money to this gang he was apart of. I had to do this thing for this guy named Vincent." I said leaving out the details.

"Why the fuck?" Gabe says as sits back in his chair. "What'd they make you do?"

"Had me go to this territory they weren't allowed in and deliver something to this other guy." I stated. "It was intense, the dude had a gun."

"A gun? Alexis! Why didn't you tell Grayson and me." Gabe groans as he sits back up in his chair, I watched as he pulled out his phone and started dialing Grays's number. I snatched his phone out of his hand.

"No." I said. "And seriously? I was scared out of my goddamn mind. Those people are really intense. I didn't want to be there in the first place, but Tim threatened to have Vincent and his people beat the shit out of you guys if I didn't."

"I'm pretty sure Gray and I could handle a beating." Gabe rolls his eyes and takes his phone back from me. "I'm calling him to come over."

"No, I came to talk to you, not to Grayson too." I told Gabe glaring at him in the process.

If I wanted to tell Grayson what happened then I would have had Christian drop me off at Maplewood, the street he lives on. But I didn't because I wanted to tell Gabe.