Chapter 18: waiting

I sat there slumped against the wall waiting for them to come back already. I had no idea what was taking them so long but when I started hearing the sound of running footsteps I stood up. They were coming.

Now was the time I let them know the truth. I looked around the corner in hopes of seeing Lindsay, Brett, Dean, Austin, and Caleb but only seen Gabe and Grayson as they ran toward me laughing.

It's not like I was disappointed to see the two of them because I wasn't. I was just concerned as to what they were doing. For all I know they could have just got themselves into something illegal.

When the two of them turned the hallway, Grayson's body came colliding into my own making me stumble backwards and hit the floor forcefully. I opened my eyes when I hit the floor. I looked up to see his puzzled face towering over me. Gabe came into view seconds after staring at me. He kicked me softly with his boot. "She's alive." He mumbled to Grayson.

Grayson looked away from me and thumped Gabe on the back of the head glaring at him. "Really idiot? I thought she was fucking dead."

Gabe pouted and rubbed the back of his head making me laugh a bit. I stood up, and pushed past the two of them in looked around the corner to see if they were coming yet. They've been gone for a good ten minutes now. I'm starting to think they got caught by administration for not having a hall pass.

I probably should have made some fake passes before I sent them on their way. My mistake.

"Who are you looking for?" Grayson whispered as he came up beside me. I turned to face him, and thought about telling them what I was about to do.

"I'm telling them." I stated as I looked up at his blue eyes. "I'm telling them about Tim." I said narrowing it down, because I could tell by the look on his face he had no idea what I was talking about.

Before he could reply, Gabe shoved Grayson away from me and took his spot, only he had a glare on his face. "And why is that?" He said, his voice sounding really rude.

It was weird hearing anything rude from him because he actually hasn't been mean to me since the day they followed me into the park, also known as they day they found out. Of course, we've had our fair share of jokes where we'd throw playful banter at eachother. But he's never looked at me with such hatred before. Actually, I can't call it hatred, it's more like anger. He looked like he was ready to eat me alive.

"Because they're my friends, why else wouldn't I? I've kept it from them for so long and I'm sick of it. I just had an anxiety attack over it. I need to tell them already." I explained to him, hoping he could understand where I'm coming from.

I care about having his approval for things, His opinion does matter to me, so I hope he can easily trust me and think that telling them is for the best.

I looked away from Gabe and to Grayson who was looking down at the floor. I moved away from the corner and placed my hand on his shoulder. "What do you think about it?" I asked, I needed to hear what he thought about it too. He was another person who's opinion I cared a lot about.

Grayson sighs, and shrugs. "I get you want too. I get their your friends. But let's be real for a second here Alexis. How do you think they're gonna respond afterwards? What if they tell someone? Like the cops and you get sent into Foster. You told us that was something you didn't want. Gabe and me both understood that and took what you wanted into consideration and dealt with it. But we said if things got a lot more out of hand we'd stop it then and there and report it. What if they don't care what you have to say? And they spill it."