Avenge

Sucking in a sharp breath of air, I shot up into a sitting position. Erratically gasping for air, skittishly I took in the area around me seeing blackness all around. Beside me something moved. With a startled scream, I jumped, ready to go kung-fu fighter on anything that wanted to take me on but quickly calmed myself seeing Ike on his back sleeping.

The appearance of a sleeping Ike was the catalyst that capped my panic, and leisurely my body relaxed. Slowly, I took in the area once again noting those multicolored trees roots flashing a color every other second. The flashing colors created a dim light in whatever we were in, and I noted that we were laying on a bed. Not only were we laying on a bed though, but a bed that was comfortable and felt like I was laying on clouds. There were no longer manacles around my wrists and with a small snap of my fingers that lighted the room with one single flame, there was also not aliens hiding in the corners prepared to attack us at a moment's notice.

The immediate panic all but departed as I realized I was in no immediate danger and Ike was by my side. I had a slight headache though, and even in the dim lighting I noted bruises and darkened splotches decorating various spots on my skin. The sight of the dark, tender patches instantly centralized my thoughts.

Mist and Kaiya.

Abruptly, I turned to Ike and softly began shaking him.

"Ike." I whispered, eyes skirting around even though I knew we were alright at this moment. Weeks of constantly having to watch my back made me naturally cautious. "Ike, get up!"

Softly he moaned, turning on his side and I could have fucking screamed. I felt better than I did earlier, yet I still felt slightly tired. I knew more sleep would do the trick, but at the moment I had more important things to worry about.

My shaking grew rougher and I was just about to literally slap him awake when his eyes sprung open. Instantly, large hands grabbed my waist and practically threw me behind Ike as he came up swinging. "What, what, what!" Ike yelled. "Who wants their ass kicked!"

His tensed body relaxed as just like me he noted there was no one in the room.

"Ike, what the hell?" I hissed out, slowly pushing myself up since had went Hulk on me and slung me behind him. If he had thrown me with a little bit more strength, I probably would have smacked the wall behind us.

"Sorry, I thought you needed help." He turned to me with a sheepish expression once we heard the irritation in my tone. "Where are we?" He questioned seeing my annoyance fall away at the sight of his appearance that still at times took my breath away.

I shrugged. "I don't know. I don't know where anyone is. I'm just as lost. But I remember everything."

"Me too, like how that blue, Smurf bitch had her buddies knock my ass out."

"You were acting like territorial pit bull." I replied, memory snapping to that.

He scoffed. "Oh, so it's okay for you to be all alpha, but when I do it it's a problem?"

I didn't have an answer to that and instead decided to change the subject. "We need to find the others and-"

A loud pitched scream tore through the air and Ike and I were on her feet within the next nanosecond. Weak on our feet though, we both stumbled off the bed and skidded to the floor but wrestled ourselves back up and raced to the door. My legs felt like jelly, but I knew that scream anywhere. It was Mist's.

Ike slung the door open, fire materializing around his hands but cursed loudly when a large boulder face appeared in the doorway halting us from going further. We stumbled backwards, Ike throwing himself in front of me but the boulder beast didn't even blink an eye at our actions.