Chapter 19

*Day of the Wedding*

On the day of the wedding Rue walked down the aisle. Bennett was giving her away. Her father was to stuck in his ways to come to the wedding. Her mother on the other had and Mrs.Irving lit the candle. Darren and Devin, and some of the other men in his family were his groomsmen. Some of Rue's friends from college were her bridesmaid. It was a beautiful wedding. The colors consisted of a dark maroon, black, and white.

Rue had on a beautiful long sleeved wedding dress. Her hair was curly and it flowed down her back. She had a medium length veil. She looked down the whole time but when she stopped before Bennet gave her away she looked up to see Vince.

Vince had on an maroon suit with a white dress shirt and a black tie. He had a man bun sitting on his head and tears in his eyes. Once Vince got into eye contact with Rue he nearly fainted at her feet. He stepped down and grabbed her hand and there they stood at the alter.

"We are gathered here today, on this happy and joyous occasion, to join this man, Vincent Thomas Rizzo and this woman, LeRue True Morgan, in holy matrimony. Marriage is a solemn institution to be held in honor by all, it is the cornerstone of the family and of the community. It requires of those who undertake it a complete and unreserved giving of one's self. It is not to be entered into lightly, as marriage is a sincere and mutual commitment to love one another. This commitment symbolizes the intimate sharing of two lives and still enhances the individuality of each of you." The preacher looked at Rue and Vince.

Rue was nearly in tears and Vince was already crying. He couldn't stop kissing her hands and smiling at her. She looked so beautiful to him and the purest thing that he had in his life. She was there in front of him as his bride. He never thought in a million years that he would be here with her.

No one dared to object their marriage. Vince looked into the crowed to see who would. Not a single soul.

"If you have any Vows please say them at this time. Vince?"

Vince sniffled a little bit and started to speak. "

"Rue, my love, my angel, my heart, my life, my everything. At first I thought you were disrespectful. I thought that you were someone who didn't know their place. I was wrong. I was the one that needed to be checked and put into to place. You have shown me love and tough love. If I didn't have your direction I would be lost. I don't ever want to lose you. I CAN'T lose you because if I do. I wouldn't be able to feel alive anymore. I vow to you a life of love, a life of peace, and happiness. I love you and I'm glad you chose me to be your husband."

Everyone said their 'Awes.'

"Rue, Do you have any vows?"

"Well, I don't know how to top that." Rue said and everyone laughed. "Vince, my lovely Vince. You have shown me that I was not meant to be alone. That loneliness wasn't meant for me and my life. You made me feel loved. You, my heart have shown me confidence and protection. You helped me..." Rue started to cry at this point. "No, you didn't help me Vince. You FOUND me."

Vince and Rue were in full blown tears. They got themselves together and cleared their throat.

"Vince, do you take this woman to be your wedded wife? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her in sickness and in health, remaining faithful to her as long as you both shall live?"

"Yes, I do. I do. I do. You know I do." Vince said kissing her hands after he placed the ring on her finger.

"Rue, do you take this man to be your wedded husband? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him in sickness and in health, remaining faithful to him as long as you both shall live?"