Chapter 7

"I swear this bitches can't let go of the past," Rue paced the floor. She was tired of people getting in her way. After going to anger management counseling she let go of the past. Hell, she even called her mother which is unusual because she never liked her mother in her childhood. If she could do it why couldn't they. It irritated her to the point she wanted to punch something. "Vince get your coat and bring a few snacks we are going to pay someone a visit. Jessie would you like to come along?"

"Um... sure where are we going?" Jessie wondered. She never seen Rue so angry. So tense. Maybe because when she was younger she would always see the sweet side of her. The loving and caring Rue, but this side she saw she could tell was more dangerous and more deadly. Something she saw in her brother for a while before Rue came back into his life. Then she saw the old Vince. The Vince that she grew up with. The Vince she could truly call big brother. But ever since her father, Tommy, sent her with her older brother she felt like he was becoming her father.

"Vince and Jessie we are going to go visit Maria. I don't want to hear any if, ands, and buts about it." Rue said once she saw Vince and Jessie hold one finger up and was about to say something. "Now, that I have a little bit of faith in people I trust that she has changed."

"But what if she hasn't Rue?" Vince asked here with a little attitude in his voice.

"Ima tell you the truth here. I believe that she has changed for some odd reason I do trust that she has changed. This is a BIG ass if too. So if she hasn't changed then I won't bail her out. If she truly has then I will bail her out. But if she didn't change then I will leave that ass sitting in jail. Deal?" Rue stood holding the keys to her Hummer. Yes, she has a Hummer.

"Rue, are you sure about this?" Vince pulled her in just to hold her. Just to feel her skin.

"Yes, Vince." Rue put her head on his chest just to hear his heart beat it speed up. She blushed never would she think that she could make someone's heart speed up. "I sure."

"Ok, hunnie lets ride." Vince kissed her like a hungry man. He had been wanting to kiss her since it had been a week since he saw her again at her club.

"Ewww...Can't this wait this you guys. Like till you guys' wedding please?" Jessie said crossing her arms.

"Don't get mad when I start saying that when you get a boyfriend," Vince paused then reworded his sentence. "When you get a boyfriend I'm going to terrorize him. End of discussion."

Jessie sighed and followed both of them out the door. What was she going to do? What was she going to say. How was she going to say it. It was too much to think about she was most likely going to wing it. She has never met Maria but this will be her first time.

******************************************************************

"Visiting are almost over but I can make an exception for you Mrs. Rue," the correctional officer had been a huge Rue fan. So to see her was a dream come true. Rue sat across the table from her. From Maria Person, the girl that tried to kill her years ago. Her hair was a mess she looked pretty shocked to see Rue and Vince. She looked at the young girl that sat beside Vince.

"Hello Maria," Rue said and sat up straight she had one hand over the other. "How have you been?"

"I have been fine Rue," Maria said horsly. She was afraid of Rue she didn't even know why she deserved her presence. She had changed and Rue could tell by the way she spoke. "How have you been?"

"Just fine thank you for asking." Rue looked at her body language it was terrible like she had been beaten. Which she had been from other prisoners, the only friend she had in there was an old lady that was her cell mate. The lady taught her a few things in life that made her think and which caused her to feel bad about what she did to Rue. Rue smiled at her, and Maria started crying.