Chapter 6

"So how have you been?" Trent whispered to Rue as they sat at a restaurant. Afraid to touch her and talk to her. He was just amazed that she was sitting with him.

"Fine Trent. Just skating by." Rue drank some of her water then sat it on the table. Then smiled at him and started to rotate her glass. He felt like his heart was going to beat out his chest.

She saw as he stiffened and she heard a large gulp. She giggled and looked into his eyes. "There is no need for you to be afraid of me. Just remember me as the Rue back in high school."

"I was afraid of you then." He told her and did a nervous laugh. Then lost his breath when she grabbed his rough hands with her soft ones from across the table.

"Breathe." He did and he didn't realize how much breath he was holding in. He couldn't staring at her in her eyes. "Now tell me what made you this way? So beat up, and rough and..." She touch his face were a scare was by his nose. He put his hand on top of hers. Savoring the softness of her hands. But slowly started to take it away not wanting her to see his pain. "Hurt."

"You shouldn't worry about me Rue," He said patting his hand on hers. "The only thing You should worry about is your career."

"But this isn't about me," Rue told him she tighten her grip around his hand gently. "It's about this, right now, you and Vince fighting for me."

"I don't want to think about that. I would like to think that your already mine." Trent said and kissed the back of her hand. After that Rue saw a flash of light.

"Damn!" Rue said and snatched her hand away. Trent looked in confusion. What was going on? "

"Paparazzi." Rue said and got up. Trent got up and stared an unexpected roll. When Rue went out sided both of theme got past the crowd. Trent went by as Rue's bodyguard.

Afterwards Trent took her home. Afraid that if he was by her long that she would do something reckless. She understood and when into her loft. She got into some comfortable clothes and and on her couch. She didn't know how she was going to choose. All she could do was stare out at the view of the city.
*******************************

"Let's go Jessie!" Vince yelled from down stairs. She came down in shorts and a long t-shirt and some converse. "Jessie we are going out to eat not to the North Pole why are you wearing a long sleeve shirt in the middle of May?"

"Vince don't worry about it," Jessie Told him. "Let's just go."

"Not until you go change its hot outside!"

"Please Vince," Jessie told him. "Just forget about it."

Vince raised his eyebrow. 'She is hiding something.' Vince Threw his phone on the couch and stared at her. "Lift up your sleeves."

Jessie nodded no she didn't want to. Vince walked over to heard. It was like her feet was stuck to the ground she couldn't move. He grabbed her arm gently and lifted up her sleeve slowly first black then blue and purple. Bruises going up her arms and when he looked closely he realized why she wore her hair down all the time bruises on the back of her neck too. He felt himself getting angry.

"Who did this to you?" Vince said slowly.

"Vince..."

"Tell Me!" Vince yelled. She Jumped.

"She told me that you and Rue would have to see how it felt when a family member got hurt she wanted revenge."

"Who is 'she'." Vince raised her eyebrow.

"Rena Person. Maria's Little Sister."

"No. Not her."

"Yes, she and her friends jump me everyday."

"But I thought her family was in Mississippi."

"She lives with her mother since both of her parents got divorced."

"Damn. Damn. Damn!" Vince couldn't believe it. No one touches Jessie when it's his drama. She shouldn't be involved. He would have to do something about this. Didn't care if it risked his life. He wanted her to pay. He wanted Maria to feel his wrath for touching his baby. And Rena to feel the same way for touching his sister. They would both see in time.