Chapter 11

"And you couldn't tell me this over the phone while I was talking to you?" Rue looked up at Devin and said.

"Well you were to busy roasting me to let me talk." Devin said.

"So, please go with us to help us stop this. They sign the papers Friday. Today is Tuesday so you got time to pack." Darren said standing along side his brother.

"If they want a divorce then they want a divorce I can't stop that." Rue said and started to walk pass them. But they never moved out her way but then Vince stood behind her about to push them out of her way. All three made eye contact. Vince dared them and they dared back. Either way it goes they were not about to team up against Rue.

"And My eyes are down here," Rue snapped her fingers and they all looked down on her.

"Look, All I'm saying is that is not my mother and that my father. Now if you told me If Mrs. Irving and Uncle Caldwell were getting a divorce thats another thing." Rue told them. "Besides I'm sure there is something else thats breaking them apart."

"I'm pretty sure its you Rue, and its always been you." Devin said. "You are basically the one that tore this family apart. Limb by limb. Word by word. All because you couldn't stand us." Rue tensed and Vince felt it. He looked down at her fist and it was clenched. Oh shit.

"So, you are telling me I broke up a family that I was never apart of. And if I would have stayed then everything would have been just fine?" Rue looked at them with coldness. She was actually kind of happy to see them but they ruined it. They ruined the damn moment.

"Sometimes you don't know when to shut your damn mouth Devin," Darren turned and looked at him. "Look Rue, That may be the way that he feels but thats not the way I feel. I understand why you left after that I stop putting the blame on you. I started to realize my mistakes with you and I am sorry that I blindly followed him in his actions against you. I love you Rue. I really do and I don't know if you could find it in your heart to forgive ME. Not us just me. I will even beg on my knees please Rue. Just Please." Darren got on his knees.

Rue thought about it for a second and decided. At least one them has come into some  common sense.

"Alright Darren, I'll talk to you and you only." Rue told him as he come up off of his knees.

"How come you won't talk to me?" Devin practically yelled.

"You are so damn blind Devin and stuck in your ways. You are turning into Dad." Darren pointed out.

"And the fact that you still haven't took the blame for anything shows me that you haven't changed at all." Rue said while poking him in his chest. "Come on Darren you can come with me to my loft." Rue said while walking back to her truck.

But before she could take another step Vince turned her around and got a kiss out of her.

"Call me or text me when you get to your loft. I at least want to know if you got there safe or not." Vince said while putting her hair behind her ear.

"Awe don't worry." Rue pinched his cheeks. And walked away. "Keep Devin busy for me please and I'll be back over by 5:00 pm"

"K baby."

"Lets go Darren."

Darren got into Rue's truck and they drove off they would talk about the situation with their parents at her loft.

"So, I guess I should ask you how have you been. How do these conversations work when you don't really know a person?" Rue asked. Darren turned his head in surprise at least he was still surprised that she would talk to him.