Chapter 82

Daughter: brother dearest?

Son: ...?

Daughter: ....what does this mean?

Son:...I'm not sure. We will be born soon....new life and new death will enter into this world.

Ame: ...we have to stay strong...and protect these children, Luke.

Luke: ...I know.....what a tragic way for a story to end.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
2 months after

***Mei's POV***

I have now reached 5 months into my pregnancy. Wow, how time flies.

During these past months, Rai has been especially cautious, making sure Vince never came even 1,000 yards of me.

After school and having fun with the children for a while, I started to feel deeply tired. Like I haven't slept in months.
When the children left, Rai helped me back to my room and sat me down gently on the bed. I felt a huge sense of relief when my head gently hit the cloud-like pillows. I could have fallen asleep just from this.
Rai sat down next to me on the edge of the bed, studying me. Red eyes boring into the very being of my soul.
I have a small sleepy smile.

Mei: ....thank you.

He gave me a reply by a simple nod of his head.
He then stared down at the curve of my belly. He seemed curious. Fear also mixing into his curiosity.
I reached out, took his hand, and placed it gently on too of my belly.

Mei: it's okay, Rai...they already love you.

Raizel: ....

I saw as a small smile started to appear on his face.

Raizel: ...how are you feeling?

Mei: ...good, I guess. Just very tired.

Raizel: ....

Mei: ...how are you, Rai?

Hearing the question back seemed to have caught him off guard.

Raizel: .....I am alright.

Even though I know he's wary...

Mei: are you sure?

He nodded.

...I need to make sure he's alright.

Mei: Rai....don't overload yourself. I am protecting our children too.....I want you to know that the children are safe. I get that your worried and cautious, I am too...but a little rest is due sometimes.

Raizel: ....

Mei: I will be resting for three days.

Raizel: ...why three?

Mei: I live off the energy of this world. I already take so much energy just for myself, now I'm sharing that energy with two other people. So I get tired fairly quickly.

These two are literally sucking the life right out of me.

He gave me a look of concern, as if I was going to go away again by myself like last time or do something to put myself in danger.

Mei: Don't worry, three days will fly by quickly....Vince won't be back for a while, I know it. So you take this time as well and rest.

Raizel: .....

Mei: but I'm not going to rest unless I know that you are alright.

Raizel: .....

Mei: Raizel...

Raizel: I am alright.

Even though I can still sense how tense and worried he was, I was to exhausted and went along with it.

Mei: good...Don't get into any trouble while I'm sleeping.

Raizel: ...but...

Mei: your worrying again. I will keep barriers up around myself so Vince won't get in...I'll...we'll be fine....trust me, okay?

He was really hesitant to give me an answer.

Mei: do you trust me, Raizel?

Raizel: yes. Of course.

Mei: ...Raizel, stay safe...

He responded with a nod.

Mei: and Raizel...if I wake back up and you are not as I see you now in one piece....I will slap you.

Raizel: ....

I finally lied back down comfortably upon the cloud-like pillow, and it didn't take me long before my eyes started to feel heavier and I drifted off into a deep slumber.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
***Raizel's POV***

Three days.

All I had to do was wait for three days to pass.

I'll wait.

I won't move.

I won't leave her side.

I'll wait...

And protect her till she wakes back up. I don't want anything to happen, I won't risk it.

So...I'll wait.

Son: ...oh no.

Suddenly I heard a slight surprised whisper.

Raizel: ....?

I turned to see two children,
Around adult ages. A man and a woman.

But who were they...?

Where the friend or foe...?

Both: ......?!

Both of them looked at each other, then back at me.

Both: ...hello, father.

Raizel: ...?!