Chapter 26

Arrogance....
Secrets...
Truths...
Death....

I'm standing in a room, it's dark and sealed. Rai is standing across from me, but he's looking off somewhere. I look on the other side of me...and there stands the Lord...?
Both Rai and the lord are staring face to face at each other and I'm in the middle.

Mei: ...a dream?

Vince: ah. I wonder what this dream means?

Standing right in front of me was Vince.

Vince: hm. That must be the previous Lord....he's been gone into eternal sleep for a while now....but I never collected his soul.

Mei: previous Lord...? he's what now...? And his soul...?

Vince: oh yeah. You were gone at this point. Yes, the previous lord is in eternal sleep. He's been gone for a while now......but for some reason I couldn't collect his soul...or rather...I couldn't find them.

Mei: .....

He's gone....but the Lord was....

Vince: it seems your having a prophetic dream. Something may happen that involves these two....

Vince turned and walked away.

Vince: better keep an eye on your husband Mei.....or else I'll be collecting his soul sooner than anticipated.

Mei: ....!

Both Rai and the previous Lord looked down at me and smiled.
This worried me.

I snapped open my eyes and sat up. I was back in my bed.
I looked down at the ring on my finger, and then clutched it close to my chest. I could feel my hands trembling.

I need to keep Rai alive...no matter what.

I heard a lot of loud talking on the other side of my bedroom door. I quickly hoped out of the bed and out the door to the living room.
It seems everyone was gather there. But the tension...

Ikhan: wiping people's memories? How is that even possible?

Frankenstein: isn't everything you've experienced today outside the realm of what you would deem "possible"?

Ikhan: true, but...

Frankenstein: I'm afraid I will have to erase today's incident from your memories also.

Shinwu: huh? Erase it?

Frankenstein: it is for your own good.

Ikhan: do you mean that it is dangerous for is to remember what happened?

Regis: correct. Our existence is a secret know to very few humans. All information related to is must remain concealed. Humans who discover anything about our existence must have their memories erased. You said you did not understand how our existence could go unnoticed by your people. This is why.

Ikhan: but...

Tao: same with us. The organization will not be immediately aware that you were involved in this incident...but there's a possibility that they'll find out. If that happens, you'll suffer far worse fates than having your memories erased. Human lives mean nothing to them.

Mei: ...you will be happier forgetting all of this and going back to your normal lives. Even humans knowing of my existence can alter the fate of everyone's lives drastically.

Ikhan: ....I suppose there's no way out of it, then.

Yuna: we're not going to remember anything that happened? There is no alternative? We have to forget about Regis...risking his life for is? ....and about how mister nearly died to protect us.