Chapter 25: Tied up

CHAPTER 25: TIED UP

ASHLEY'S POV

Waking up, I didn't know where I was. I was laying face down on a shaggy carpet, being rocked back and forth. No. I was moving.

I was in a moving car, but in the floor of it. It smelt of alcohol and throw up. Looking around, I could barely see under the car seats. There was food wrappers, but looking behind all the trash, I could see a shovel in the very back. My head started to ache. I positioned myself to be able to see towards the front of the car. I could see a man's shoes, his foot laying on the gas. I hardly saw it switch to the brake pedal.

After a while, the road turned from smooth to bumpy. I could tell that we went from a paved road to a gravel one quickly. Suddenly, we went over a pot hole and I couldn't help but make a groan as my head got bashed into the side of the seat. I could see his shoulders turn towards me, but not his face. He quickly directed himself back to the road and sped up just a little.

What seemed like forever, we finally stopped. He jumped out of his car. I could hear his shoes walking over gravel. I cringed at every step I heard. I tried to shuffle my hands through the tight rope that held them together, but nothing seemed to budge. The side of the van door swung open. I looked up at him, but couldn't tell who it was because of the bright sun behind him. My head was hurting like crazy. He stood over me for a few seconds. Then he grabbed me by my ankles to pick me up and sling me over his shoulders. 

I felt paralyzed. I felt like I had got shot all over again. With each step he took, I hit my head softly on his back, making it hurt even more. We were at an old house. From what I could tell, we were in the middle of no where. When the door finally budged open, dust filled my lungs. He stops me from falling off his shoulders a couple of times. As we entered, the floor creaked loudly. I tried to talk, but the duct tape wouldn't let me.

We started walking down, to a basement. I could feel the cobwebs sticking to my hair. I almost fall off his shoulders a couple more times. It got dark quickly, but he still carries me as if he already knows where he's going. I'm soon sat in an old wooden chair. I can feel cold wet rope being tied down onto me. I can't even make an effort to squirm out of it. My head limps over and is too heavy for me to lift up. A single bright light comes on above me, making me squint my eyes. Soon after, my eyes become adjusted and I'm able to look around to room.

It's a dark basement with wooden shelves all around the room. The shelves are lined with canned foods. It smells of mushrooms and rot and every other minute I can hear a rat in the distance scrambling inside the walls. My eyes finally travel to the dark side of the room where a figure stands. The figure walks towards me in a slow matter. As it comes closer, I'm able to make out a taller figure, more lean and more masculine as he walks closer. Underneath his dark brown hair, I'm able to recognize those same piercing eyes I've seen before.

John.

He gently lifts his hand up and removes the duct tape from my mouth. I cough from the over exposure of dust and dirt in the room that quickly fills my mouth with each breath I attempt to take.

"What is this John? What's going on?" I mumble. After I heard myself talk, I was able to figure out how tired I really am. He laughs in response.

"That's not even my name," He chuckles. He pulls out a stool from the other side of the room and sits in front of me with it. He looks me over with a huge grin.

"Just call me... Paco," He laughed. My eyes got big at the sound of his name. Maybe as big as his devilish grin.