Chapter 4: Loss

CHAPTER 4: LOSS

CONNER'S POV

We make it back to the warehouse building where all the goons, drugs, and guns are housed. Paco doesn't speak at all during the ride. We both get out, empty handed and not saying a word. We push through the front doors and go right to his little office in the far corner. The place smells of alcohol and weed. Paco flops in his chair as I close the door behind me and take a seat in front of him.

"That's a lot of fucking money gone," mumbles Paco while on his phone. I nod in agreement. 

"Did you have Brandon killed?" I ask.

"Not completely. I decided he would suffer in that shit hole better if he was still alive. I left him off with a painful warning," he chuckles.

"So, what about the girl?" I ask quietly.

"She's gonna get it too, don't worry. No one fucks me over. No one." he says sternly. His eyes cut across to me and I realize how serious he's being. For a few seconds, he kept his deathly stare, but quickly snapped out of whatever it was and started looking at his phone again.

"Don't kill her," I mumble.

He looks up one last time and says, "I'll do whatever it takes to get my point across. No one makes a god damn fool out of me."