Chapter 14: Warnings from a Murderer

CHAPTER 14: WARNINGS FROM A MURDERER

ASHLEY'S POV

Around noon, Mom drove me to the jail.

After filling out multiple of papers, I enter a small room and sit in front of a glass window. After a couple of minutes, a buzzer goes off and inmates enter the other side of the room, causally walking to a window and greeting their visitors through the telephones that hung on the wall.

Brandon walks out after everyone else with a kind of limb. He sits down in front of me and looks at me with kind eyes that I haven't seen in a long time. We both pick up our telephones.

"How long has it been since you've came to see me?" Brandon asks quietly. 

"Four," I stutter out, "Four months." He sighs softly and looks down at the desk.

"I saw what happened on the news," He says after he looks up at me. I started to sweat. I started to remember too. A sharp pain shot up my left shoulder. I clutched my arm. Brandon leaned forward towards the glass wall between us.

"He's not done Ashley..." He trailed off. He started shifting in his chair, nervously. Looking over his shoulder every few seconds.

"What do you mean?  They got the guy. I'm safe now," I say confused.

"No, they didn't get him. He was a decoy, he..." Brandon says as he gets cut off by the buzzer. Inmates start to say their goodbyes and leave the room.

"It's Paco. Paco will kill you." Brandon started screaming loudly and fast.

"I don't know who Paco is!" I shout back. The guards come to remove him. 

"You have to get out of here. The police won't believe you," Brandon shouts as two guards surround him, "I DIDN'T KILL ANYONE ASHLEY. PACO DID IT. PACO WILL..." The guards grab him by the arms and pull him up. He drops the phone. Tears start to flow down my cheeks as I see him get wrestled to the ground by the officers, still screaming.

I run out of the jail and into the car. Mom asks me what's wrong, but I ignore her. We drive off. Paco wants to kill me. Paco.