Chapter 3: Threatening News

CHAPTER 3: THREATENING NEWS

ASHLEY'S POV

I woke up around 1 pm. No other calls from Brandon so whatever he wanted me to do must've not have been that important. I make my way down towards the kitchen to eat some cereal when the house phone starts ringing. It's the jail again. 

"What now Brandon?" I ask.

"Uh, no. This isn't Brandon. This is the officer on duty right now at the jail. We were just calling to let you know that Brandon is in the hospital at the moment."

"Oh god.. what happened?" I ask, panicking.

"Well it seems as if he was attacked by two other inmates. He's pretty bruised up with a cracked rib. We believe they had the intention to kill him." said the officer sternly.

"What did Brandon do?" I mutter.

"Well some witnesses say that he was just sitting there and they just came up. Brandon doesn't want to press any charges." says the officer.

"What? Why doesn't he?" I say, confused.

"I asked him if he was sure and he kept saying yes. Well, visitation has been suspended at the moment for right now, we're just calling to let you know." 

"Okay, thanks." I hang up and stand there for a moment. A million questions run through my mind.

Did I cause this?