Chapter 24: The Truth

CHAPTER 24: THE TRUTH

CONNER'S POV

I walk into the warehouse and stood in the door way, looking around. Something felt different about today. I went to knock on Paco's door but there was no answer. Confused, I walked over to Jared where he always is.

He looked up at me and clutched onto his new computer.

"Relax," I said, "I'm not gonna throw it this time." He sits back more and continues to type on his laptop. He doesn't look back up to me until I speak again.

"Where's Paco?" I ask.

"I'm not sure," he says smoothly, "I seriously have no idea. Don't get fucking crazy on me."

"It's strange. His car is here, but he's not," I say back to him. He shrugs a bit and goes back to his computer. After a few moments, I begin to get frustrated. I laid my hand on top of his laptop screen and hold it tightly.

"Where is he?" I ask quietly. He looks up at me, staring. Then he puts his hand on the other side of the laptop, near mine. Forcibly, he closes his laptop, which forces me to let go of it. He slings it on the other side of the couch and stands up.

"I don't have to tell you shit," Jared mumbles. I raise my eyebrows at him. Is he really trying to stand up to me? Instinctively, I slam my fist up against his stomach. He falls over my arm, losing his breath, and drops to the floor.

"I'm gonna ask you one more time. Where is he?" I say as I kneeled down. 

"He took the van," he manages to cough out.

"Where?" I ask demanding.

"To the mall," he spits out blood.

"Why?" I practically scream at him.

"I-I don't know Co-Conner," he barely says. I pull out my gun and cock it. I can hear his muffled cries.

"Why?" I say calmly.

"P-Please! He'll kill me if you know," He cries out.

"I'll kill you if you don't tell me!" I yell back at him. I press the cold barrel against his temple. It takes him a few seconds to realize that I would have no problem taking his life at this very moment.

"Ashley!" he yells out, "He's got Ashley." I remove the gun from him and stand back up.

"Where?" I ask quietly. 

"He said he was going to the old house, outside of town," he whimpered, "He said I'd be dead if you knew." I looked down at him. He looked pitiful. Shaking my head, I pulled up my gun and aimed at his computer and shot it. He jumped at the sound. Stepping over him, I ran towards my car and started driving off.

If he already has her, I could be too late.