Chapter 38

Note: Hey everyone, sorry for not uploading yesterday I was out for most of the evening with my parents, but I will upload this chapter and then next in a little while. As usual please comment, fan and vote if you would like me to know how much you like my story because I absolutely love feedback from my awesome fans. Enjoy the chapters my lovelies, Laura X

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up the next morning and instantly knew I wasn't alone. I tried to keep my breathing even so no one would suspect I had woken up, I just simply wanted to be nosy and listen to what they were saying.

"Will you keep still!" Wyatt exclaimed and someone huffed.

"Why isn't she awake?" I heard Chris say. He shifted his weight and I could tell he was sitting on a chair that was pulled right up against my bed.

"Well she hit her head pretty hard" Melinda said and someone hummed in agreement. "-did you see what she did though?" Mel said again.

"Well she was angry, and it affects fire the most" Chris replied, I could tell by his voice that they'd had this conversation before and from the tone his was using, he was obviously sticking up for me. I had to compose myself, otherwise I would've smiled at this.

"True, but it looked like a fireball, and did you see that red energy that went from the demon into her" Wyatt said. The demon? Oh right Josh. A sharp pain went across my chest and I gasped. Well there goes my pretending to be asleep.

"Lila" Melinda exclaimed and I smelt her flowery scent as she sat on the edge of the bed near to my head.

"Hey" I gasped as the pain went through my chest again. I sat up and moved so that I was propped up against the headboard, rubbing my chest once I got comfortable. Melinda smiled at me. I nodded at her before looking at her brothers. Wyatt looked like he was thinking. That usually wasn't good. It seemed that my time has come, they will figure out that I'm half demon soon, and when they do I will end up like Josh. Ouch, there goes that pain again. Chris looked worried he reached for my hand, but I moved it and lay it across my chest. I didn't want anyone touching me. He looked hurt but quickly smiled at me and I saw that he was happy that I had finally woken up.

"What day is it?" I asked aloud.

"Saturday, you slept for fourteen hours" Melinda stated and I nodded before clearing my throat. Wyatt handed me a glass of water and I took a sip. That helped my dry throat.

"Thanks" I said to him. He didn't flinch or make any motion that he had heard me.

"How are you?" Amy said as she walked into the room. She looked happy and I saw the red in her cheeks. She smiled at me warmly and I knew that she had been worried as well. Though apparently not very worried, I noted, as I saw her slip her hand into Wyatt's. I raised my eyebrows at this gesture and she blushed.

"I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" I said and chuckled at Amy's reaction.

"-I would ask you guys how you are but it seems you're all fine" I continued, looking at them all in turn before looking at Amy and Wyatt and wiggling my eyebrows. Amy rolled her eyes but Wyatt didn't even blink.

"I was just asking because, well. Because of Josh" Amy said and I cocked my head to the side and frowned at her.

I finally remembered what she meant and it felt like a bucket of ice cold water had been thrown onto me. Yeah right Josh. My demon-ex-boyfriend who had used me for his own personal gain and then tried to kill me and my family. I shrugged but felt the pain across my chest and my eyes start to water.