AZI Volume 6 Chapter 29

Within the dreamscape, the Tai Xuan Emperor had numerous thoughts on her mind, but she finds it difficult to put them into words.

The most important question, however—

"Should I continue my initial plans? Or..."

Shaking her head, the Tai Xuan Emperor feels a splitting headache, as she tries to process Long Hua's words.

"In the first place, can I even trust anything that comes out of this surnamed *'s mouth? Could he have just been saying all that to buy himself more time—to make me lower my guard?"

In terms of intelligence, Long Hua is well above average, and the more of his past life's memories that he recovers, the more difficult it becomes to read into his true intentions.

"Tch, dammit, this is definitely just another one of his mind games..."

Although Long Hua has stated that he doesn't like to play games in a dark corner, that doesn't mean that he isn't capable of it.

After all—

(When it comes to playing games in a dark corner, he's one of the fiercer individuals to deal with...)

And dealing with the Tai Xuan Emperor—someone that is difficult to give a physical beating to, resorting to mind games is Long Hua's only option at this time.

.........

(What are you planning, *-laoban? Did you think that by putting on this act—you can cause me to drop my plans against you? I'll admit, you bringing your doll into this act has most certainty caught me off guard, even I was almost convinced by your display just now.)

"..."

Picking up the calabash, Long Hua raises it over his head, and pours the drink directly into his open mouth.

Straightening the vessel, and swallowing the wine, Long Hua answers—

"Oh? So, you really did have something planned against me? In that case, this entire act was more than worthwhile."

(...)

Hearing this reply, the Tai Xuan Emperor can't help but feel like this is merely Long Hua playing around with her.

(You...?)

Turning to Tian Cheng, Long Hua says—

"I wasn't kidding when I said that I wouldn't be taking you with me when I leave."

Pausing for a moment, Long Hua adds—

"Even though you're a machine, I wish for you to be able to develop your own will, and be able to think for yourself. That way, you'd be able to survive on your own without me having to... Instruct you."

"..."

In response to these words, the Tai Xuan Emperor has her vessel frown subtly, while Long Hua goes on to say—

"And to you, the Tai Xuan Emperor, I really didn't expect you to follow me into this life as well, nor did I expect you to play this role that you're currently playing."

(...!)

If her current vessel isn't as expressionless as it is, the Tai Xuan Emperor could have very well broken out in cold sweat the moment this remark had been made by Long Hua.

(...What role are you talking about?)

"..."

Turning away from Tian Cheng, and tilting his head, Long Hua blinks his eyes, and with a contemplative expression on his face, he replies—

"Who knows?"

(...)

.........

Within the dreamscape, the Tai Xuan Emperor summons out a table, and furiously slams her fists onto it.

"Surnamed *, you son of a bitch! Be clear with your words! Quit leaving me guessing, you prick!"

Flipping the table and tossing it off into the distance, the Tai Xuan Emperor scratches her hair with an expression of frustration.

"...Does he actually know that that doll is my vessel or not?! Ah dammit! If I misspeak here... Tch, I refuse to become a damn clown!"

.........

Outside of the dreamscape, Long Hua rests his feet onto the table, and remarks—

"Ai, Tai Xuan Emperor, we're walking through our second life together. At this point, shouldn't we have a sense of trust built between us?"

(Only a ghost would believe anything that comes out of your mouth, surnamed *.)

"Harsh words sting not the ears, but the heart. ...Very well then, whether you believe me or not—is completely up to you. However, I should warn you—any acts of offense against me, will make me change my mind on whether or not to drag you along with me."

(...)

Despite having a burning question that she wishes to ask, the Tai Xuan Emperor remains silent.

.........

Within the dreamscape—

"This is definitely just another ploy of his. He's purposefully trying to make me slip up my act. I..."

Directing her focus onto her vessel, the Tai Xuan Emperor adjusts the pitch of her voice, and speaking through the vessel, she says—

.........

"Since our time together is finite... Is there anything that master wishes to do together?"

"Hmm."

Seemingly oblivious to the notion that Tian Cheng is actually the Tai Xuan Emperor's vessel, Long Hua contemplates with a frown, and eventually replies—

"Nothing that I can think of right now. Ah, but there is something that you could do for me after everything here is settled."

"Hm?"

"When I leave... Build me a grave somewhere. Preferably some place with a good view."

"A grave?"

"..."

With a subtle smile on his face, Long Hua looks to the gear-filled skies, which have darkened completely, while remarking—

"If I'm alive, I'll come back and tear it down. But odds are higher that I won't."

.........

Within the dreamscape—

"Why? Why must he purposefully make things so difficult for me?"

Slumping her shoulders in a powerless manner, the Tai Xuan Emperor feels more confused than ever before, as she contemplates the truthfulness of Long Hua's words—regarding his intent to set her free when everything here is over.

"...Maintaining a separate identity—whether or not it's been compromised, should still be of benefits to me. Who knows? Maybe he hasn't realized it? If I just come out now, and do a reveal under the assumption that he's already figured it out—when he really hasn't, I'd only look like a damn clown... For the time being... I'll continue to maintain a separate identity through my vessel, and wait for the opportunity to perform a crucial backstab."

Encouraging herself with these words, the Tai Xuan Emperor—recalling a certain matter, raises a frown.

"That venomous smile of his..."

Recalling this to be a smile that she had often seen on Long Hua during his previous life, a feeling of bad premonition manifests in the Tai Xuan Emperor's heart.

"...That's a habit of his from his previous life, and since it had reappeared......... Will calamity befall this world?"