AZI Volume 5 Chapter 27

Getting out of the lifeboat, Long Hua looks around with a frown. And out of habit, he attempts to utilize his divine senses again, however—

"...Tch."

Life without divine senses is something that is difficult to get used to.

(*-laoban.)

"What?"

(I just want to say, I understand your feelings.)

"...Is that supposed to make me feel better?"

(In a way, it's similar to having a meal ready for pickup, and the restaurant being five minutes of walking distance away; however, the hassle of needing to get dressed, and walk the ten-minute round trip—would still make the lazy feel reluctant to not choose delivery, right? It's that sort of feeling, right? I totally understand.)

Twitching an eye at this comparison, Long Hua mutters—

"...Oddly specific."

Clearing her throat, the Tai Xuan Emperor uses her vessel to ask—

"Shall we set up tent, master?"

"Yeah. I want to get changed as well..."

Since he doesn't have access to dirt removal magic right now, Long Hua would have to change into a fresh set of clothes.

Sweeping an eye over the area again, a few individuals have already started to set up tents in suitable spots, where the waters cannot reach.

"Guess we should hurry before all the decent spots are taken."

"Un."

Finding a suitable spot quickly, Long Hua and Tian Cheng begin to set up the tent.

.........

Looking out into the seas, Xia Ri'er asks—

"Do you two feel anything... Off about this sea?"

"Hmm, hard to say."

"...Uh?"

With a solemn expression on his face, Lin Yu Heng abruptly feels his connection to the junk ship being severed, to which, Qing Ming Yang momentarily asks—

"...Why'd you stop?"

"My divine senses have ceased to function all of a sudden."

"...?"

"...!"

Shock appears on Qing Ming Yang and Xia Ri'er's faces upon hearing this from Lin Yu Heng. Immediately, the two attempts to rotate their cultivation bases—only to fail.

"This god forsaken place has an Immortal Sealing Chain?"

"...Seems so."

Wanting to confirm if it still functions or not, Lin Yu Heng slaps his storage pouch, and a spear appears in his grip.

The entirety of the weapon is two meters in length with a dark blue shaft, while the spearhead itself is crafted from gold, and the size of it is rather large—allowing it to be used as a slashing weapon in open areas. Base of the shaft is sleeved with a golden blade.

Nodding with satisfaction, Lin Yu Heng stores the spear away, before asking Qing Ming Yang—

"Surnamed Qing, does yours still work?"

"Mines fine. Surnamed Xia, how's your pouch?"

Towards Qing Ming Yang's question, Xia Ri'er's expression darkens, and replies—

"...Tch. Mine can't be used without spirit Qi."

"...This ship won't move as efficiently without spirit Qi."

In response to Lin Yu Heng's bad news, the two can't help but panic, with Qing Ming Yang asking—

"So, we're stuck here then?"

"...Not necessarily."

Leaping up to the masts, Lin Yu Heng deploys the red sails, and in response to this, the junk ship begins to move once more.

Landing back onto the ship's deck, Lin Yu Heng says—

"There's wind and the sails are now up. Our movement speed will be slower, but otherwise we can still move. Although..."

"Ai, surnamed Lin, if you have something to say, say it quickly! Are you trying to give me a heart attack for the fun of it?"

Towards Qing Ming Yang's impatience, Lin Yu Heng shrugs a shoulder, and says—

"My instinct tells me, there's something below us."

"..."

In response to this, Xia Ri'er's complexion pales by a noticeable amount, as she asks—

"...Is it a powerful weapon spirit?"

"It's possible."

"This is just the worse..."

As the group sinks into silence, the air turns heavy.

Eventually, Lin Yu Heng breaks the silence by saying—

"This Immortal Sealing Chain needs to be destroyed."

As a member of the Lin family bloodline branch—whose loyalty lies solely with the Ling Yuan Ancestor, Lin Yu Heng finds the task of destroying the Immortal Sealing Chain to be a necessity.

The reason being, it could put the Leng Bing Realm—one of the Ling Yuan Ancestor's greatest creations in jeopardy.

"We're not going back then?"

Towards Xia Ri'er's question, Lin Yu Heng shakes his head, and replies—

"Fated opportunities and dangers go hand-in-hand. If we manage to get this job done, the rewards will be enough for us to cultivate in seclusion for a full year."

Hearing this, Qing Ming Yang raises his head, and looks to Lin Yu Heng, and swiftly replies—

"Very well."

Having been stuck in the peak stage of the Core Formation realm for so long, Qing Ming Yang is rather impatient with wanting to make a breakthrough into the Nascent Soul realm already.

"...Very well."

Gritting her teeth, Xia Ri'er agrees to continue along—being left with no choice in the matter.

Traversing the murky waters under a heavy mood, the three gradually make their way through the unknown.

.........

Changing out of his drenched clothes, Long Hua emerges from a white tent—dressed in a black shirt and a pair of dark trousers.

As Tian Cheng's attire is a part of the combat body, there wasn't any need for her to change.

"Hmm."

Thinking about their next step, Long Hua says—

"Let's just walk around a bit, and see what we can find."

"Un."

Towards Long Hua's suggestion, Tian Cheng nods.

There's no way to know if this is the only island in this ruin.

That being the case, the teleportation magic array that would allow them to leave isn't guaranteed to be on here.

(If push comes to shove, I guess the hall has their Ripper, which I can coerce them into letting me use—assuming it even works in this situation?)