AZI Volume 6 Prologue - Siblings

"..."

*Klang!* as Qing Yu Long vanishes from sight, Ye Chen drops his Relic.

"Tch."

If Ye Chen has to be honest, a part of him feels relieved in seeing Qing Yu Long leave, while another part of him burns with fury towards the enemy and himself—for being so powerless.

Having seen Qing Yu Long's strength for himself, Ye Chen knows that it would only take a single whim on the former's part for them to end him.

"Dammit..."

The enemy is a level six Immortal—a deity incarnated, who had been the one to kill Lǐ Qiān Hè (李千鹤), Li Xue's father.

Other than being Li Xue's father, Li Qian He was also Ye Chen's mentor and squad captain on the frontlines during his early years of service.

That being the case, Ye Chen owes a great deal to Li Qian He for the latter's guidance.

However, that misfortunate encounter with Qing Yu Long on the frontlines all those years ago—due to Ye Chen's rashness as a rookie at the time, had ended up costing a girl their father's life.

"..."

As Ye Chen's Relic begins to dissipate, along with the armors of his Weapon Spirit True Body state—the giant corpse of the pale white weapon spirit also begins to fade.

"..."

"..."

An air of silence and powerlessness looms over the first island that had lost a quarter of its original mass.

"..."

"..."

Appearing together, and going unnoticed by those who are nearby are Tian Cheng and Yu Ji.

Tian Cheng has already swapped out of her black garbs and is back in her maid attire, whereas Yu Ji is currently wearing a black-haired wig with a short-sleeved dress.

This is typically the attire that Yu Ji would wear when visiting her little sister, Li.

However, different from usual, Yu Ji's face had been changed slightly with a makeup kit—giving her a beauty mark near each eye with rosy cheeks.

Although the changes are subtle, Yu Ji's entire air at this time made her seem like a different person.

"Lady Cheng, what now?"

As Yu Ji asks her this question, Tian Cheng contemplates for a moment before answering—

"Let us head outside with everyone else. Afterwards, we'll take a plane back to GC012. For the time being, I suppose, you could stay at the Lan Si Restaurant with master's connections there?"

"Apologies for the inconvenient. Also...-"

"A doctor for your little sister?"

"...Yes, if it won't be too much trouble."

Having a little sister of her own—despite them having backstabbed her, the Tai Xuan Emperor is rather soft on Yu Ji.

"No trouble at all."

Answering as such, Tian Cheng continues to say—

"We'll visit a hotel in the nearby Grounded City first. I have some medical knowledge, and if the situation is dire, I'll locate a doctor."

"Thank you."

"Your current attire is often seen in Dainsfield—would be best to acquire a new set of clothes."

"I know."

.........

Near the shores of the main island—

"Elder sister, help me!"

Evading Long Hua's attack, which takes on the form of a swing—performed by a colossal sword, Yun You shouts at Wu Xiao, who is seated on top of a beach chair, as if she was on vacation.

"..."

Towards Yun You's plead for aid, Wu Xiao merely takes out a chilled beverage from her storage pouch and sips away.

"..."

Noticing Wu Xiao, and noticing what Yun You had called her, Long Hua can't help but turn an odd eye towards the former.

Despite not being able to see his face that is hidden by the helmet, Wu Xiao moves her lips, and says—

"Well, how about that? Surprised? Shocked? Anything you want to share?"

Although he couldn't hear what Wu Xiao had said due to the distance between them, Long Hua could still interpret her meaning through the movement of her lips.

*Pah!!!* parting a portion of the waters with a swing of his weapon, Long Hua—who had missed his attack again, leaps onto the shores.

"Son of a bitch, quit running away!"

Towards Long Hua's words, Yun You smirks, and replies—

"What? You're allowed to hit me, but I can't dodge?"

"..."

As much as Long Hua wishes to reply by saying that there's nothing wrong with an elder brother beating their younger sibling for acting unruly, he feels like the moment he says those words he would be accepting Wu Xiao as his wife—meaning it would be the same as accepting his defeat.

"..."

Staring in their direction, Wu Xiao raised an eye beneath her hood—perhaps, expecting those words to come out of Long Hua's mouth.

"You-"

*Guuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!* just as Long Hua is about to reply, a violent tremor—rocks the entirety of the ruins.

Simultaneously, Long Hua, Yun You, and Wu Xiao turn their heads in the direction this tremor is coming from.

(A Nascent Soul realm practitioner?)

Seeing the pale white weapon spirit collapsing into the seas—with its head impaled by a trident, Long Hua narrows his eyes upon sensing the undulation of a Nascent Soul realm practitioner's cultivation base.

The impact of the colossal weapon spirit's fall causes the waters to be pushed outwards, as they rush towards their island in the form of a high-tide.

"Tch, what a pain in the ass..."

As the high-tide closes in quickly, Wu Xiao raises her right hand, and—

*Pah!!!!!* the soundwave produced by the snapping of her finger and thumb causes a portion of the high-tide to collapse, thus sparing the areas near her and the others.

"...Ai."

Heaving a sigh, Long Hua withdraws his weapon.

If Yun You and Wu Xiao are siblings, it means the former is just as difficult to deal with in a fight. In that case, he's willing to give up on the fallen star ruby's other half for the time being.