AZI Volume 5 Chapter 34

"Hey, there was an island in the distance, wasn't there? Why aren't we headed there?"

Towards Xia Ri'er's question, Lin Yu Heng answers—

"If there's an island, then there could be weapon spirits on it. With our cultivation bases sealed, I do not think it's wise to carelessly approach it."

With some reluctance, Qing Ming Yang had to agree with Lin Yu Heng's decision, as he binds the last sail up, and says—

"...I have to agree. Simply just knowing that there is an island there is good enough for me. I say, we wait and observe for a bit."

.........

As time passes, nighttime arrives, and with it, a star-filled sky appears.

Compared to the desert that was starless, the sight above one's head at this time is much more magnificent.

"A sight that can only be seen within a grade five ruin."

Cracking a can of beer open, Shao Tianming takes a sip out of it, while looking up at the skies.

"Ai, if only this was the outside world..."

Shaking his head, Chen Lan takes a bite out of a skewer.

"Indeed..."

Sipping a can of beer as well, Wang Yongning sighs.

Away from the others, Long Hua stands near the waters with Tian Cheng behind him.

"..."

Staring up at the false skies, memories regarding "Long Hua" appear in Long Hua's mind.

As the "God" who answered "Long Hua's" plead, he had shown the latter the vast heavens that exist outside of the Leng Bing Realm.

"..."

Taking out the black jadeite flute, Long Hua places it beneath his lips, and blows into it.

At first, the sound couldn't be described as anything impressive, but as Long Hua continues to refamiliarize himself with the instrument, the sound begins to show a gradual sign of improvement.

As for the tune that is being played, it contains a sense of yearning for the unreachable.

"..."

Listening to the tune, Tian Cheng remains silent throughout the performance.

Eventually, Long Hua ends the tune, and lowers the flute in his hand.

Momentarily, the sound of hands being clapped together comes from behind, and turning around, Long Hua sees Yu Ji with golden eyes, who remarks—

"Didn't expect Long-xiong to be a musician as well."

"You have business with me, Wen-xiong?"

Seeing as how Wen Qing is still able to descend with an Immortal Sealing Chain active—confirms that his cultivation base has surpassed the Nascent Soul realm.

Closing the distance a bit more, Wen Qing says—

"Came to grant you some help."

"Oh?"

Storing the flute away, Long Hua says—

"Let's hear it then."

Closing his eyes, Wen Qing spreads his divine senses outwards, and says—

"That thing is still lurking around beneath the waters. But it should be active again soon, since its finished devouring its food reserves. Do you know why weapon spirits continue to eat—despite there not being much of a point in them doing so at this stage?"

"Hmm. This is just a guess, but they instinctively devour other weapon spirits to strengthen themselves?"

"Practitioners as well, but yes, you are correct."

"So? What is it doing right now?"

Towards Long Hua's question, Wen Qing frowns through Yu Ji's lips, and replies—

"I suggest you pack up your belongings, and find some shelter, or high ground."

"Hm?"

Turning around, and looking out into the distance, Long Hua notices how the waters seem to be moving about in an unusual manner.

"Tch. Right, thanks for the heads-up."

"Until we meet again then."

As Wen Qing leaves Yu Ji's body, Tian Cheng catches the latter before she can fall.

"Uh?"

Slapping Yu Ji's face lightly, Long Hua says—

"Head to the cave."

Rubbing her cheek, Yu Ji asks—

"Why can't you be gentler with snapping me out of my drowsiness?"

"They say, there's two ways to deal with a woman. One is to be soft and gentle; the other is to be hard and difficult. Your Long-laoban only know the latter method because I'm just that hard and difficult of a person."

Shaking her head, and shrugging off her drowsiness, Yu Ji asks—

"Cave, right?"

"See you there."

Returning to their respective tents quickly, they begin to pack up.

Hearing the commotion caused by Long Hua and Tian Cheng's packing, Li Xue emerges from her tent, and asks—

"What's happening?"

Towards Li Xue's question, Long Hua answers—

"High-tides."

"Uh?"

Hearing this from the side, Ye Chen looks out to sea with a binocular in hand.

"He might be right."

Packing his stuff up quickly as well, Ye Chen runs off to report to Dan Hong soon after.

Upon hearing Ye Chen's observation, Dan Hong—being an admiral, is also quick to confirm the situation with his own eyes.

"So, admiral, what's the plan?"

If they just abruptly come out and say that a high-tide is approaching, there is no doubt that chaos will erupt throughout the crowd. That being the case, Dan Hong replies—

"Send word to the others. As for those not affiliated with us... Well, let's see how sharp they are, shall we?"

A cruel decision to make, but considering how there isn't a solid alliance between the factions present, Dan Hong had to prioritize his own men's safety first.

Rather quickly, information regarding a hightide's approach is transmitted to the members of the military, and in a swift manner, supplies and tents are packed up.

"Go."

"Quickly now."

In an orderly manner, those near the outer perimeters of the main camp begin to leave, and make their way towards the cave that is situated on the opposite side of the island.

"Hm?"

"...?"

To the keen observer, regardless of how discreet the military's movements may seem initially, it's inevitable that a few individuals would catch on—when more than ten groups had departed from the main campsite.

"Boss, they seem to be up to something."

Towards Chen Lan's words, Shao Tianming nods his head, and replies—

"Keep an eye out on where they're headed."

Some distance away—

"Commander."

Qing Yue turns to a Moon Guard, and asks—

"What is it?"

"The military and the hall seem to be up to something."

Glancing into the distance, Qing Yue notices how Long Hua's tent had vanished.