AZI Volume 5 Chapter 25

"Hmm."

Staring at his right hand that is a bit numb from being pulled on, Long Hua mutters—

"What a chonky boy."

Storing the fishing rod away, Long Hua massages his hand and wrist; and making an attempt to spread his divine senses outwards to search for the enemy, he realizes—

"Uh?"

A look of astonishment appears on Long Hua's face.

(*-laoban, you...?)

"Hmph!"

Stomping his foot down, Long Hua has an expression of extreme rage on his face, as he mutters—

"What kind of dog water bullshit is this? Whatever concerns I have just had to come true..."

Unable to rotate his cultivation base at all—as if it's not even there, Long Hua can't help but curse up a storm in his head.

As Long Hua clicks his tongue, Ye Chen approaches, and asks—

"What's up with you? You look like the entire world owes you money or something?"

"It may as well."

Recovering his composure, Long Hua heaves a sigh, and in the same instance—

*Boom!!!* another pillar of water erupts, and with it, a five-clawed limb latches onto the ship's starboard—crushing the guard rail beneath its palm!

"Tch."

Taking out his Relic, Ye Chen charges forth, and slashes at the claws!

*Boom!!!* having reinforced his strike with gravity manipulation, the claws are forcefully pushed backwards with a portion of the guard rail ripped from their sockets!

*Boom!!! Boom!!! Boom!!!* taking aim at the seas, the batteries on the ship's starboard fires rapidly!

"Admiral, it's no good! We're too close to that thing—to get a proper hit in!"

"Hmph!"

Slamming his fist onto the table in front of him, Dan Hong looks out towards the ship's starboard side with a grim expression on his face.

*Boom!!!* once more, another pillar of water erupts; and this time, what accompanies it appears to be a tail—decorated with numerous spikes.

"Not good!"

"Don't let it smash the ship at full force!"

*Boom!!! Boom!!! Boom!!!* immediately, all the range-type weapon spirits launch a volley of attacks—from arrows to blasts of energy, towards the incoming tail, dampening the momentum of its fall!

"..."

Just as Long Hua thought to take out the revolver, the Tai Xuan Emperor explains—

(Spirit Armaments require spirit Qi to function as well. I have all the Spirit Armaments you've obtained hooked up to the divine weapon—to have it act as a power supply, so running out of energy wouldn't be an issue... Under normal circumstances that is... We don't really know if the divine weapon will be able to function properly with your cultivation base sealed.)

"..."

(And there's only a limited amount of energy contained in the gun's magazine; I recommend you don't waste it on delivering an attack that would only amount to a water droplet.)

"I hate this..."

Towards the Tai Xuan Emperor's input, Long Hua sighs.

And in the same instance, the tail draws itself back—in preparation to make another attempt at smashing the warship.

"Dammit..."

"If only I had a ranged Relic..."

Similarly to Long Hua, the weapon spirits—that cannot perform ranged attacks, can only choose to grind their teeth in frustration, as they look on.

"..."

Seeing Ye Chen, Li Xue, Qing Yue, and Yu Ji actively participating in their own way—to dampen the momentum of the falling tail, Long Hua can't help but frown. There's nothing that he likes less than to be shown how useless he is.

"Out."

*Grrrooo...* straightening his right arm, mercurous liquid flows out of Long Hua's sleeve, and forms the White Serpent King, which immediately raises a low growl, as it glares at the former.

"..."

Glaring back at the White Serpent King, Long Hua clenches his right hand into a fist, and smashes both of its heads apart.

As the White Serpent King's twin heads reform, Long Hua takes hold of its necks in one hand, and says—

"Either make yourself useful, or say hello to the vast seas."

*Grrrooo...* narrowing its eyes at Long Hua, the White Serpent King eventually reconstructs its body into a large rifle.

The entirety of the white rifle possesses an organic appearance—with four scythe-like blades protruding from the root of its large barrel.

"Hmm."

Not expecting much, Long Hua aims the rifle at the falling tail, and upon pulling the weapon's trigger—

*Bang!!!!!* the recoil of the rifle causes Long Hua's feet to slide backwards by seven steps' worth!

As for the red blast of energy that is released from the rifle's barrel—

*Boom!!!!!* hit by the red blast of energy, the monster's tail falls back by a noticeable amount!

With how loud the rifle's roar had been, attention was quick to gather, and among them, Chen Lan and Shao Tianming thought—

(Ancestor is still the ancestor.)

(That hand cannon he brought out before was already insane, and now this?)

"..."

Ignoring the stares, Long Hua looks at the rifle with a pleased smile on his face.

"Mm, not bad. Tian Cheng, come here."

(*-laoban, if you're a true man, handle the gun on your own instead of relying on your doll.)

Despite saying these words, the Tai Xuan Emperor nevertheless has her vessel stand behind Long Hua to support him.

Taking aim at the tail once more, Long Hua shouts—

"Eat this!"

*Bang!!!!! Bang!!!!! Bang!!!!!* in a rapid manner, Long Hua fires off three blasts, and upon the third round's landing, the tail falls back into the seas!

"..."

"..."

For a brief instance, silence looms in the air, as the weapon spirits look towards the seas with both vigilance and awe.

Momentarily, Shao Tianming turns to Long Hua, and asks—

"Surnamed Long, if you had something like that, why didn't you take it out earlier?"

Towards the question, Long Hua shrugs his left shoulder, and replies—

"Your Long-laoban figured that you all would be enough to handle the situation, but seeing how much you were struggling, I felt generous enough to aid you."