AZI Volume 5 Chapter 33

Having returned to the tent—

"........."

Long Hua merely stands still without moving.

Already the White Serpent King has returned to him.

Having her vessel look at Long Hua while tilting its head, the Tai Xuan Emperor says—

"Master?"

"..."

(*-laoban, say something!)

"..."

Folding his arms, Long Hua sinks into thought with a solemn expression on his face.

(Setbacks and difficulties were expected, but... I seem to have still underestimated just how twisted that unpleasant bastard is... No, maybe I should have expected this degree of nonsense from him? After all, if he wasn't this twisted, I wouldn't have any hopes of accomplishing my goal. Still......... Ai, no choice but to take my time, and see how things will go. Hopefully, my objective won't be too far from my current starting point.)

As Long Hua is sorting through his thoughts, Tian Cheng withdraws the doll replica of the former back into her storage pouch.

Eventually—

"Ai..."

Heaving a sigh, Long Hua falls onto the sleeping bag.

(Oh, finally back?)

"Honestly that was rather pathetic..."

(Ai, *-laoban, that Hai Zang isn't beatable in your current state; no one will blame you for retreating.)

"Still...-"

(So, how about purchasing some of my wares? Say, that battle armor for example?)

"You can piss right off."

(Was worth a try at least.)

Opening the evolution interface, Long Hua begins to look at what he can hope to purchase.

(Hmm, strength enhancement, speed enhancement, high-speed regeneration, stamina recovery speed, hardened skin?)

Most of these abilities are rather easy to understand; however, among them, there is one that costs six mutation points to acquire.

"Devourer?"

Unable to see the evolution interface herself, the Tai Xuan Emperor asks—

(What's that?)

"The description reads, "able to use any of the natural energies of Heaven and Earth for cultivation, and devour rare materials to strength one's individual abilities." It's the most expensive ability of the bunch."

"Doesn't that mean it's probably a good ability, master?"

"Hmm. Six points though..."

With Hai Zang being active in the first zone, Long Hua figured that he wouldn't be able to farm for additional mutation points for quite some time.

"Hmm..."

Thinking for a while, Long Hua eventually remarks—

"Ai whatever, let's just go with it."

Tapping the interface, and confirming his acquisition of "Devourer," Long Hua immediately experiences an odd sensation coursing through his body.

(There doesn't seem to be any changes to the body... Should I be disappointed, or relieved?)

Shaking his head, Long Hua asks—

"What time is it?"

"You've been away for four hours, master. It's now five AM. Wouldn't you want to rest a bit after everything?"