AZI Volume 5 Chapter 56

The moment everything related the Heaven's Blade and Li's cryostasis unit checks out, the two pieces of equipment were brought over to the main island, and positioned at the shores—a mile away from the second mountain's edge.

"All according to schedule."

"Good."

As more supplies are brought over by the passing minute, Dan Hong eventually picks up a megaphone, and shouts—

"Attention! All personnel are to clear the area near the third mountain in 15 minutes! To repeat, all personnel are to clear the area near the third mountain in 15 minutes!"

As soon as this order is given, bodies rush away from the third mountain.

And while this is happening, the bullet-shaped structure is launched off into the air.

As soon as the bullet-shaped structure reaches a certain altitude, and begins to lose speed, the eight panels surrounding it flip outwards.

Momentarily, the structure stabilizes its altitude, and turns its mouth towards the direction of the third mountain.

Looking at it from the ground, the bullet-shaped structure looks reminiscent of a floating octopus.

.........

Setup near Li's cryostasis unit is a tent, and within this tent are two computer stations with a monitor each.

Standing behind a Dainsfield associate, who was trained specifically to operate this weapon, Duanmu Chen asks—

"How is it?"

"Give it a second."

Momentarily, visuals appear on the monitor, along with a crosshair, to which, Duanmu Chen asks—

"So? What's the exact plan on how to use this thing?"

Towards Duanmu Chen's question, the associate in front of the computer explains—

"The basic plan is to cut the third mountain's peak. We'll start from the left side and slant downwards. The amount of heat generated from this weapon makes it impossible to install a camera, hence the cryostasis unit is needed. Specifically, it's the Sinner inside that-"

Before the associate can go further into detail on the principle behind this weapon, the entrance to the tent is pushed aside, and Dan Hong walks in, to ask—

"Everything going smoothly?"

"Yes."

As the associate of Dainsfield nod their heads, Dan Hong says—

"Everything is cleared on our end."

"Right then, shall we?"

As Duanmu Chen looks at the associate, the latter nods.

.........

Floating about in the skies, the octopus-like structure sets a suitable amount of distance between the third mountain and itself.

If one were able to peek into the interiors of the octopus-like structure from its firing hole, they would be able to see a ruby—that is the size of a human's head, giving off an ominous crimson glow.

A network of dark veins is present throughout the ruby's interior, giving it an appearance that is almost organic—akin to a living creature's heart.

If the Tai Xuan Emperor was here, she would be able to recognize this ruby to be a fallen star ruby, an extremely rare piece of material.

Had they not been able to obtain this rare material through a series of coincidences, then Dainsfield wouldn't have ever been able to create this weapon.

*Chi! Chi! Chi!* as the octopus-like structure draws upon the energy that is flowing out of the fallen star ruby, heat begins to build up inside of the weapon.

Rather quickly, this heat is spread to the cooling fins that are present throughout its eight panels.

And momentarily—

*Paaaaannnnnggg!!!!!!!!!!!* a crimson pillar of energy is shot out of the firing hole, and misses the mountain's peak by a small margin!

.........

Back in the tent—

"Engaging thrusters for movement."

Sending commands through the computer, the octopus-like structure begins to turn, and upon the crimson pillar of energy coming into contact with the mountain—

*Siiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!* fumes rise from the point of contact, as magma flows downwards like melted cheese.

"I see."

Seeing the mountain being cut into, Yun You puffs a smoke, and continues to remark—

"So, this is why, it's called the Heaven's Blade."

"..."

Turning her head in the direction of the armored cryostasis unit, Wu Xiao frowns.

Among those who are present, she is the only one who is able to hear the screams that are coming from within the cryostasis unit.

Back within the tent, the Dainsfield associate, who is charged with keeping an eye on the second computer station, reports—

"Subject within the cryostasis unit is also beginning to build up heat."

"Inject the coolants."

Hearing the conversation that is taking place, Wu Xiao shakes her head, while thinking—

(A tool has no right to choose their owner, but in this situation... Tools are dedicating the use of another tool. Kind of odd and ironic when you think about it.)

Despite feeling somewhat bad about Li's situation, Wu Xiao didn't see any reason for her to intervene, and make things awkward between a large Guild and herself.

.........

Far away from the tent—

"...?"

Clutching her chest and stomach, Yu Ji begins to look around aimlessly.