AZI Volume 5 Chapter 29

"..."

Emerging out of the cave are Shao Tianming, Wang Yongning, along with Dan Hong, and a few members of the military.

As the group moves forward, the crowd gives way, and upon them reaching the center of the sea of bodies—

"Anything of interest?"

One of the weapon spirits, who was sent here by a Guild asks this, and towards them, Shao Tianming replies—

"If you mean a teleportation magic array, then no."

Another weapon spirit steps forward, and asks—

"Doesn't your hall have a device that will let you open up an exit rift?"

"..."

Towards this question, Shao Tianming and Wang Yongning's expression darkens, with the latter replying—

"Unfortunately, that thing—we call a Ripper isn't functioning as it should be."

"Why?"

With a bored look on his face, Long Hua approaches with Tian Cheng beside him, and says—

"Surnamed Shao, cat's out of the bag. You might as well come clean."

"Tch..."

Scratching the back of his head, while clicking his tongue, Shao Tianming explains—

"There's an Immortal Sealing Chain somewhere in this ruin. This device is able to seal an Immortal's power—making them incapable of wielding their trademark natural disaster like abilities."

"..."

"..."

Hearing this, Dan Hong constricts his eyes. This is definitely information that the military would be interested in.

Previously, they had heard about this device's name in the reports, and had assumed its ability to be something similar to what Shao Tianming had just explained, but since it wasn't something that could be touched physically, no one had put much thought into making further inquiries about it.

"If we could obtain this device..."

Turning to Dan Hong, Shao Tianming nods, and says—

"Yeah, you can fight the Immortals on even grounds. Don't get too excited though, we still have an issue on our hands right now."

"Indeed..."

"Surnamed Shao, what exactly makes a ruin grade five?"

"Hmm."

Contemplating for a bit in response to Long Hua's question, Shao Tianming explains—

"During the preliminary scouting—upon the party's entry, they were greeted to by a projection of a humanoid. It's been theorized by those of the inner domain that ruins are the sites of a world, or civilization that existed before ours, but because the denizens of those times failed to defeat the Immortals, they left treasures behind for the future generation—being us, to take. That way, we'd be better equipped to pick up on where they left off with the Immortals."

"...?"

"...?"

Towards the expression that everyone is making, Shao Tianming clears his throat, and adds—

"Yeah, I know. It all sounds like a glorified excuse to do gravedigging. In any case, projection of a humanoid is the common trend that makes a ruin grade five. Supposedly, these humanoids are modeled after that world or civilization's strongest individuals, and the ruin itself is akin to a trial ground of sorts."

"..."

Narrowing his eyes, Long Hua can say for certain that the first part is true, as for this second part, he couldn't care less.

Taking a step forward, Wang Yongning says—

"One of the loots acquired from grade fives is rather special... We call it a "Spirit Extract." Those who have partaken in these Spirit Extracts have had their Relics undergo a transformation—resulting in greater strength."

"Hm?"

Moving out of the crowd, Ye Chen asks—

"Are those what your Carps are modeled after?"

"Indeed, and unlike Carps, there's no downside to using them."

Walking pass Shao Tianming and the others with Tian Cheng, Long Hua enters the cave.

"..."

Pass the cave's entrance is a round chamber that is rather spacious in size.

The top of the chamber is round in form with crystal stalagmites protruding downwards, to which, Long Hua asks—

"Could those be...-?"

(Unfortunately, I don't accept those, *-laoban.)

"Tch."

Looking to the walls, Long Hua sees four flat surfaces that are the obvious work of human hands.

"Hmm murals, is it?"

Examining these surfaces more closely, Long Hua sees that there are a few paint stains present. However, whatever it was that was on these flat surfaces in the past—

(It's not impossible to make something out of them, but... Too much effort is required.)

Shaking his head, Long Hua leaves the cave.

For the time being, he wanted to rest.

Those who are still awake at this point are mainly the sort who are feeling extremely uneasy, due to the thoughts of the black crocodilian weapon spirit making a reappearance.

"..."

"..."

Returning to their tent, Long Hua sits down with Tian Cheng; however, just as he thought to enter the sleeping bag—

[My masterpiece, I've expanded your hunting grounds.]

"..."

(...!)

Hearing the unpleasant individual's voice near his ears, Long Hua's expression of leisure turns into a "staring at garbage frown" in an instant, whereas the Tai Xuan Emperor—who is inside the dreamscape, shivers with dread.

"Hunting ground?"

[The world you tamed the White Serpent King in. I figured calling it your hunting grounds to be much more appropriate after my modifications.]

"...How does this work exactly?"

[Time will flow at the same rate as this world you're currently in. You may enter it anytime if you just think about it. Although, if you wish to not be labeled as MIA, I suppose you should leave a body double behind?]

"..."

Towards this piece of advice, Long Hua opens his storage pouch—drawing out a replica of himself.

This replica used to be the Tai Xuan Emperor's old vessel, which was modified through the Divine Weapon of Tai Xuan to assume Long Hua's appearance—thinking that there might be a day in which it would come in handy.

"..."

"Un."

Turning to Tian Cheng, who responded with a nod—she controls the replica to enter the sleeping bag, whereas Long Hua thought about entering the world that had a colossal white serpent coiling around it.