dave grohl - dont cry.

a little after kurt died :(
y/n is comforting Dave after she finds him cryingggg
REQUESTED RAHHHHH
1994 (95?)
y/n - ur name
enjoy (?) ☹️☹️

Kurt had died a little while ago.

Dave hadn't taken it very well, and honestly, it's been rough on me too. He was one of my friends too, but to Dave? That was like his brother. I mean, they lived together for fucks sake. I never did that.

Dave had been feeling like shit; lashing out, apologizing, getting random anxiety spikes, just mood swings galore in general. And it broke my fucking heart to see him like that.

We had been dating for a few years when Kurt did die, and for a little after, we took a break so he could be alone. Of course I let him, and I too needed a break, so we both agreed to just be alone for a while.

But eventually, we decided to continue on, with him moving in with me.

But ever since he moved in, he's been all over the place. One minute he's stressed out, the next I hear him storm to his room, then the next I hear soft sobbing. It sucks having to see what he's going through and I want to help him but he keeps shutting me out.

"I'm fine."

"I just need to be alone."

"Just go away!"

"It's whatever."

"I don't care, whatever you want."

And today I was pissed off already from my work, and dealing with that shit set me off.

My shift lasted an hour after I was supposed to get off because the new employee didn't know what the fuck he was doing. I got stuck in heavy traffic when coming home, and someone almost fucking crashed into me.

Finally, once I got home, Dave was in another one of his anxiety moods.

"Fuck, I burned the eggs!" He said as I walked into the door. The smell of burnt hung through the air.

"Hey, hey, it's okay!" I put my bag down and walked into the kitchen, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"No! No it's not fucking okay! I ruined it!" Dave pushed me away, dropping the pan accidentally into the floor.

"Fuck!" He groaned, leaning onto the counter, face in his palms.

I picked the pan off the floor, noticing the burnt pieces of egg all over the tiles. I sighed and put it on the counter next to Dave. I really didn't wanna deal with this right now.

"Dave, it's okay really-"

"Y/n! Shutup! Just fucking go away!" This time, Dave shoved me away from him, not even looking at me. My face dropped, and I felt myself get angry.

"You know what? Fine. I'll fucking leave you alone, jesus christ dave! Why do I even bother trying with you anymore?" I walked away, shaking my head, feeling tears attempt to escape my eyes. I walked up the stairs and into my bedroom, grabbing a few things before making my way down the stairs and grabbing my bag.

"Wait! Y/n! Shit, I'm-"

But before he could finish that sentence, I slammed the door on him, storming to my car.

Yeah, I get it, he has a lot of shit going on in his life right now, but none of that is my fault. He needs to understand that I am still getting over Kurt too and am trying to balance the weight of that along with my everyday life. Hopefully storming out will fix his attitude issue. I've never gotten pissed at him like that before because we've always talked shit out but he won't talk to me about anything.