kurt cobain - dont fall in love with your best friend..maybe

im too lazy to write an intro so wtv
requested 😳🙌
y/n - ur name
enjoy 🥳🙏

"Don't fall in love with your best friend," is something I hear from a lot of people.

"You argue a lot."

"You'll think it's paradise till it's not."

"You will probably get sick of eachother easily."

But none of that deterred me from doing that.

Kurt Cobain. One of my bestest friends of all time, singer for Nirvana, amazing guitarist, grunge god, but I just know him as my friend.

He's an odd guy. We met at school before he dropped out. Kurt had dropped his pencil and I gave it to him. I told him his shirt was cool, and he had thanked me, saying,

"Thanks, I don't even listen to this band."

And I had laughed at that. Then, we became close friends.

After a while, I started to fall for him. His sarcastic jokes, his smile, his outlook on life, his carelessness for bitchy people, and how he did everything, not caring about what someone else thought.

Once he started doing gigs out at bars n' shit with the name Pen Cap Chew, I was entranced by him. I tried to make it to as many shows as possible, but a lot of times it was difficult with where he toured.

And so, here I am at another one of his shows on the tour for Nevermind. I was watching backstage as he slammed his guitar into the floor, threw it in the air, then jumped into Dave's drums.

"Jesus Christ." I heard a crew member say as he walked away.

The crowd erupted into noise, maybe cheering him on, maybe scared, who knows.

After a few minutes, they concluded the set, and walked off stage.

"My back hurts." Kurt said as he walked up to me.

"Well no shit, jumping into drums can do that to ya." Dave commented as he walked by.

Kurt merely hummed in response, and hugged me, resting his head on my shoulder.

"Good concert though." I spoke as I hugged him back.

"All they fucking want is teen spirit and it's pissing me off. Don't bother coming to our shows if all you like is fucking teen spirit." Kurt grumbled, still hugging me tightly.

"You okay?" I asked him.

"Tired. No, exhausted." He replied, leaving me to go sit down on a couch.

"Mm, touring a lot lately, that's why." I sat down next to him, twisting a section of my hair.

"Hey, thanks for making it." Kurt turned to me.

"You already know I try to go to as many as I can." I rolled my eyes, smiling slightly.

"Yeah, yeah. But, this one's more out of the way than the ones you normally go to. So, thanks." I shrugged and smiled.

And that's why I have a fat crush on him. He's a fucking sweetheart.

"I need a new fucking drum set, holy shit." Dave groaned as he sat down on a chair, face in his hands.

"Management still not getting you a new one?" Kurt asked.

"No! I don't understand why! This one sounds like shit! Like, fucking give me a new one already!" He rolled his eyes.

"Maybe they're in the works of trying to get you a new one?" I suggested.

"Y/n, it's been months. They don't give a flying shit."