epilogue

Taehyung's dead body kept on flashing before my eyes as we ran away from the house I and jungkook had built with love and care. His soldiers were looking for their king as his absence was noticeable. A few days went by and we kept on traveling and searching for a safe place to live so that taehyung's mates could not find us. On this journey, I got to know about the death of my father, who taehyung killed brutally. And how he snatched the kingdom that was once my father's. It was my birthplace and I was the heir, Was I sinning by choosing my peace over my people? All these thoughts were consuming me alive. Could I  be so selfish to forget everything that had happened and live my life?

Maybe I could not

Maybe this was not my destiny

I was born to be an empress

When jungkook got to know the state of my heart, he was reluctant. We were not alone anymore, we had a little life with us to protect. But I could not face away from my destiny anymore. My people needed me!

My perception and determination were eventually conceived by him and we began to head toward the Jon kingdom.

Once I reached my birthplace I saw the condition of my kingdom. My people who were once happy and jubilant were now crying in blood. Starving subjects were found everywhere I laid my eyes on. Because of taehyung death, Kim kingdom became very vulnerable, for which not many of his soldiers were not raiding of this place. I arrived at the perfect time.

People were astonished when they saw that their princess was still alive. Knowing from them that taehyung annihilated my father and took over this kingdom was for me. They say he could not bear my death so he went wild and did all this.

I was the rightful heir and I was alive and I could claim my throne especially when I had defeated the new king. Still, taehyung's soldiers tried to attack and refrain me from moving towards my throne but I had the nation's best combatant by my side. No one could even come near me and my child.

I freed my people and my soldiers and no one could stop me anymore. People from other nations supported me as well. Within a short time, my coronation took place and I was declared as the new queen.

Meanwhile, while Kim empire was completely left unguarded. There was no heir nor any royal member left. But me. I was still considered the wife of the late king,taehyung which was unbelievably disappointing to me. Many pleas of several kingdoms for me to supervise that kingdom were risen. Despite the fact I killed him was no longer considered treason as I was an heir to Jon's kingdom. And the kim kingdom was vulnerable.

As an atonement for taking taehyung's life, I agreed to rule the kingdom as well. Taehyung had done sins that were not forgivable. He killed innocent people, his family, a pregnant woman, innocent priests, and manipulated people for selfish motives. He wanted power only and desired to own me and never considered becoming, perhaps a better individual. But I still somewhere in my heart,feel empathy for his traumatic childhood and his horrible death and I know I was responsible for the latter. I maybe could never forgive myself for taking his life, but I had no choice. I had to protect my loved ones.

Revisiting the Kim empire unleashed many memories I did not want to remember. But everywhere I laid my eyes on I could see my statue, my portraits, and what not. I could not apprehend whether he truly loved me or was just pure obsession. I entered the Kim palace and witnessed his obsession with me. Walls filled with my paintings and portraits. The once perfectly clean and gleaming palace was now a complete wreck. I did not nor will ever apprehend what made him this insane for me. He may have died but his obsession seemed to be still living.

People told me how madly he was in love with me. But I never believed them. He may had desired for me but love was sth he was not capable of in this lifetime. Maybe in the next, where I hoped he would become a better human being and everything he went through at the beginning of his life would not happen again.

In the end, I became the empress of two powerful empires. I rejuvenated Kim's empire as well and established both Kim and Jon's kingdoms as the united kingdom. Finally, there was peace in my life where my loved ones were safe and no threat could ever prevail over us. Ever.