her past

In every kingdom, the princesses were meant to be married to princes of other kingdoms for the betterment of their provinces and to improve their prosperity

In every kingdom, the princesses were meant to be married to princes of other kingdoms for the betterment of their provinces and to improve their prosperity. They were taught to paint, sew, and  extreme etiquette and mannerisms. They were told that their only purpose was to support their husbands and give birth. They all were expected to be extremely graceful and elegant all time. Setting unbearably unrealistic standards. However, Jon's kingdom was a bit different.

Women of this kingdom participated in wars along with men. The king of Jon's kingdom wanted his army to be bigger than ever. regardless, that wasn't possible with the scarcity of men in their kingdom. The women overestimated men in the population, thus the king thought it would be beneficial if women joined the army. Many girls and women were recruited to join the army. Some joined willingly, some were joined forcibly. They were trained even harder than men so that they could overcome their so-called "weakness". However, it did bear fruit. The mentality of most women in the army changed and they became tough as ever. Along with the men they mercilessly slaughtered their enemy on the war field and brought victory to the kingdom. However, this information was not known to other kingdoms as they might scheme it against the kingdom. The women used to dress as men to prevent suspicions when they used to go in wars. They were also not allowed to go back to their families after joining army. The women didn't mind as they were so manipulated that they only thought about the kingdom's victory.

The king wanted a son, however, the heavens granted him a girl. He named his daughter y/n. The king didn't feel the certain affection that a father feels for his daughter. His mentality changed after his daughter was born. He resolved to treat his daughter the same way he would treat her if he had a son. Tough, affectionless and strict.

He wanted his empire to grow more than ever. So he made y/n do all sorts of things both a man and woman were supposed to do. Proper etiquettes, singing, painting, sewing...she learned all these in the castle. However, when she turned 15 she was sent way far from home, to the mountains, for training. She wept and pleaded with her father to not let her go. But his father was adamant. Adamant on making his blood to be perfect. He wanted her to be good at everything, he wanted her to be unbeatable. He stopped caring if she was boy or a girl. He wanted her to be strong like a man and as well as graceful like a woman. He just wanted her to be someone who could fight like a man in the battle field and also be the perfect wife for her future husband. She also had to keep her identity secret and exhibit herself as a man so that bandits and rebels wouldn't take advantage and attack the young princess. She had to live as mang from that day.

However, it wasn't as bad as y/n thought. At first, it was horrible. The pain she used to feel after every training was unimaginable. She had to train every day. Her master was strict ad well however as went by he opened up to her. He became more of an uncle y/n. He taught her many more things; like fishing, hunting, horse riding climbing a tree. She felt free which she didn't feel at the castle with the presence of her father.

Y/n visited the palace when she turned 18, she was blooming like a beautiful flower. Her beauty caught the attention of everyone in the kingdom. The king felt somewhat proud of his offspring's appearance and resolved to get her married to a powerful kingdom. However, you were not happy to be back. She wanted to go back to the mountains. Where she was free like a bird. But now she felt like she was trapped in a cage. The high expectations everyone had of her, and the extreme mannerisms she had to follow when she was in the castle suffocated her. The unnecessary gossip the ladies in tea parties used to do about other people wearied her. She realised she didn't want to get married and wanted to live as an ordinary person. But y/n knew it wasn't possible. She had responsibilities and she was aware of them. Oh, what wouldn't she give to live as mang forever and not as y/n...

After the brief meeting with her family, she went back to the mountains to continue training. She wanted to live here forever which was not her fate. So she decided to give in to her fate and train hard for her kingdom.

Two years went by and y/n is stronger and prettier than ever. Just like her father wanted. The day of her departure was coming near when she came across this unknown man, jungkook. Who showed such fascination towards her like no one ever did.

Y/n sighed and got up from the grassy field and moved her eyes towards jungkook's cabin. She could see jungkook packing his things through the small window. She felt a sudden ache in her heart which she dint expect herself to feel for him. She didn't want him to leave...not this soon. She was getting wavered by the very thing she never even thought about..and that was nothing but...attraction.

Thanks for reading and vote 💜