03

Ace of Spades
______________________________

"Your biggest hater is someone you know. Your biggest supporter is a stranger"

Yoni sits in her car, on the phone with Dayvon. She is on the way to her moms house. Destiny is hosting a barbecue and she wants Sayoni to show up since her side of the family haven't seen her in a while.

Sayoni believes there is a reason for everything and the reason she hasn't seen them in a while is because they weird, and she got into an physical altercation with her cousin, Mimi.

Mi'Ija started acting weird towards Sayoni when Sayoni began to make money, and Mimi got drunk, one thing led to another.

But Sayoni really trying to let the past go which is why she accepted her mothers offer to show up.

"What you wearing?" Dayvon asks and Sayoni looks down at her outfit. "A outfit" She smiles keeping her eyes on the road.

Von sucks his teeth before speaking "mmcht, you look good" He smiles complimenting the girl and if Sayoni wasn't black you would be able to see her cheeks turn red, but she definitely had butterflies.

"Thank you, what you doing" Sayoni is trying to keep herself from smiling, it's fake stressing her out.

"Me and fonem bout to go to the store" Dayvon says getting up off his bed and Sayoni nods pressing her lips together.

"I ain't even notice you have dimples" Von says and Sayoni laughs. "How many times we been on the phone, and you seen me in person. How you ain't notice I got dimples? I know you got a dimple" Sayoni tells him pulling up to her moms house.

Her mom stays in a nice house in the suburbs, Sayoni lives in a city apartment.

They live in Atlanta.

"I probably won't even paying attention. Where you at?" He questions and Yoni looks out the window at her mom house, the music can lowly be heard from the back yard, and it's so many cars parked outside.

"I'm at my mom Barbecue" Sayoni tells him looking at herself in the mirror, making sure she look alright.

"Damn, I ain't even get no invite. I'm hungry too" Von says before laughing and Yoni smiles shaking her head. "Bye Dayvon" She says hanging up and getting out of the car.

Sayoni walks into the house. She hug some family members as she make her way to the back yard.

She walks out the back yard seeing hell of people and her Uncle grilling.

Sayoni walks off the porch going over to her mother. "Hey ma" she greets hugging her mother and Destiny smiles. "You came" Her face lights up.

"Of course, I told you I was coming" Yoni says looking at her aunt who her mother was talking to. "Hey to you to" Yoni jokingly says to Mimi's mother.

"Y'all don't even start" Destiny rolls her eyes and Yoni tilts her head. "I was just playin, what you talkin bout?".

"Never mind ma, but we chillin. Right auntie?" Yoni smugly smirks holding her hand out. Anika just glances at her hand she finds the young girl disrespectful.