𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈 𝐏𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬

𝐄𝐦𝐦𝐚

It took some real courage to say those words. I'm getting braver and bolder... Last time I couldn't even start a conversation! But overtime, with her I'm feeling all sorts of unfamiliar emotions...

I am now back at my house, trying to figure out how to neatly pack these things. Do I need a toothbrush? Of course! Maybe I'll bring just three pairs of undergarment. But then, it won't evenly fit in the suit case! Ughhh it needs to be four to be symmetrical! But then how would I fit my brush? I'll just take a backpack for all the books I'm going to bring. How about the matches for the campfire? Maybe they already have those... Drea did say don't pack too much. So a simple backpack and a suitcase would do.

I look at the time and good golly it has already been 3 hours?! Nuts I better finish my chores in an hour.

After feeding our pet rabbits and adding fertilizer to the plants, I rushed into my room trying to neatly arranged my bed. When I was done, I texted Drea and carried my belongings. However, in a rush I bumped into someone. Mom wasn't home right now so it could only mean-

"Ouch." Anna muttered, rubbing her shoulder. Instantly, I was nervous, scared, but most of all worried.

"Oh my feathers I'm sorry Anna! I didn't mean to bumped into you or anything, I was just in a rush." Frantically I apologised.

"Okay." With that she walks into our room, wearing that same stoic expression. I haven't seen her in a while.

Walking out of the room just after minutes, she notices my suitcase.

"Where are you going?" Raising an eyebrow, she asks. Wait, she cares?!

"Uhm- to a friend's house. She invited me to a trip for 3 days. I already have mom's permission-"

"Is it Drea Castel?" A cold glare shoots me as she becomes more stoic.

"Y-yeah.." I nervously gulped, feeling sweat run down my neck. She just scoffs and walk away. Well okay- I'm not sure what just happened, but my heart is racing and millions of thoughts clouded my mind.

I needed to get out of there.

Arriving at  Drea's house, I took a second to calm down. The thought of seeing her made me smile, so that helped. Walking to the steps and the huge door, I knocked. Not even five seconds later the doors flew open and there she was, wearing a rather comfortable oversized t-shirt. A big excited smile plastered on her face and that sparkle I love so much twinkled in her dark eyes. I could feel heat rising to my cheeks, and was warm all over.

Upon seeing my state though, her expression immediately changed to worry and concern.

Placing her hand on my cheek, she asked,

"Did something happen, Em?" In a calm and soothing voice. Her feather like touch sending chills around my body and my neck feels even hotter.

"Y-yeah.. I mean n-no! Nothing happened." I stutter as butterflies surrounded my belly.

She still looked concerned, but luckily dropped the conversation and her childish persona returned once again. Grabbing my hand, she led me upstairs and oh wow...

Her room was much brighter than before. A huge fort made out of a blue transparent fabric and black pillows, fairy lights surrounded the room and there were at least three beds that look awfully comfortable under the huge fort. But the best part was, the starry night projector. Thousands of little stars surrounded the room, constellations, and nebulae. My jaw dropped as I was trying to process this beauty in front of me. Laying in one of the beds is Maybel, smirking at us.

"How did you guys do this?" I asked, still amazed.

"Simple! Maybel already had the tools we need, so I asked the maids to help us!" Drea was basically bouncing, trying to contain her excitement. It was cute. She was cute.

"Oh! We also have snacks in the mini fridge. So feel free to check them out! Now, it's still quite early so let's go to the library for the meantime." Drea quipped.

"Ughh y'all are book nerds. That's no fun!" Maybel pouted at the corner.

"Finee, you can play video games in the library. I reckon having those there for you specifically." Dre just rolled her eyes and laughed.

"Yay! Let's get going then!"

And that, we went back to my favourite room of all. Well, next to Drea's bedroom. The calming scent of vanilla, books, and coffee wiffed my nose. It immediately calmed my nerves like a drug.

We sat on the bean bags and read another book. The room was filled with silence- well except for the sound Maybel's device was creating. I feel at peace, at one point Drea laid her head on my shoulder. Smiling, I continued reading my book.

𝐀/𝐍: Well, hi ig.
Don't forget to vote, comment, and tell me what you think!
Bea \⁠(⁠^⁠o⁠^⁠)⁠/