𝐗𝐈𝐈 𝐈 𝐓𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐀𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮

𝐄𝐦𝐦𝐚

When Drea texted me, I was at the least surprised. I absolutely did not think that she would even ask for my number. And when she asked me to basically go out with her, my heart was over the moon, my face was so hot and butterflies erupted in my belly. It took me a while to process, but finally I answered. Now here we are.

"It's about this wife who shots her husband for unknown reasons and was sent to an asylum. No one could get her to talk, but this psychologist was willing to try!"

Drea explained the concept of the book, using a lot of hand gestures, more than she usually does, smiling so wide it could light up the dark. The sparkles in her dark eyes more brighter than ever, a childish glint in it. She looked... So carefree, actually happy. And I was enjoying every moment. I like to think that she only shows this side of her to close friends. I feel special to see this. To admire her hidden beauty. And even though she's talking about this dark, murderous book with passion and great interest, I love seeing this side her.

"That sounds really interesting actually, I'd be happy to read it some time." I said. And if it's possible, her eyes lit up even more sparkles. My heart is melting at the sight.

"Really?! I'll send you the copy tomorrow!"

"Oh no, you don't have to-"

"I insist!"

"Alright then." I laughed at her enthusiasm.

"Oh! I forgot! What are your other hobbies? Things that you like the most?" She suddenly asked.

"Oh- things I like? Well that would be..." I pondered, "definitely astronomy. I just love galaxies and stars- I love how big the universe is. Like an endless black pit, but beyond that darkness lies the beauty of stars, planets, and galaxies! Like the Supernova! I love watching the stars, like they're watching you too. It may seem weird, but sometimes I talk to them, and I can feel their emotions." I said with pure passion. Drea was listening to every word.

"I also love stars! And don't worry, it's absolutely not weird. In any case, it's fascinating. Like there are stars 1700 times bigger and larger than the sun."

I love having conversations like this with her. She understands these types of topics. Our food arrived and she thanked the waiter.

"How about you? What are your hobbies?" I asked.

"I have a lot of them. Some left in the dust" she laughs, "but I like drawing, traditional and digital art, listening to music, playing the guitar and ukulele, reading books, creative writing, and anime. Oh! I once learned how to skate, but that was long forgotten."

"...wow. That is a lot." It really is. She's so damn impressive!

"Yeah I just couldn't stick to one. I hyperfixate to a lot of things, maybe that's the reason."

Eventually, the glorious day had to come to an end. Drea drove me home- well, Philip did.

Now it's 2:37am, I couldn't sleep so I silently climbed outside our window into the roof, and watched my friends sparkle way up high.

I looked up the sky, all dark and full of tiny specks of light. I started thinking about her.
About how perfectly imperfect she is. And I smiled.
The stars seemed to light up brighter

"She's so wonderful"
I said to them

"If she was a star, she would shine brighter than you all"
I like to think that made them laugh, maybe it did
By the way they're twinkling
I believe so.

𝐀/𝐍: Hey y'all! I'm sorry this chapter was short, but my classes start tomorrow and I have to sleep early, as much as I don't want to. I don't know if I can update more often, but I'll try. At least 1 chapter a week lol. That last bit was one of my poems years ago, and I thought it would be fitting for the story.
Don't forget to vote, comment, and tell me what you think!
-Bea :3