𝐗𝐈𝐗 𝐒𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫

𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚

I am so excited! I've never had a sleepover with anyone except for Maybel! This is gonna be fun, I'll show her all the things we can do! Or recommend her some books to read.

"By the way, where are your parents?" Emma suddenly asked. We were sitting in a comfortable position, our bean bags merged together- basically cuddling.

"Oh them? They're always home late at night. I only see them in the morning." I answer casually.

"...so you're here all by yourself?"

"Well, no. I have the maids and butlers. I sometimes come downstairs to talk with them." Shrugging, I take a small sip of my coffee.

"But are you lonely?" That question took me by surprise. Am I? I prefer it that way so I won't have to bother anyone. Besides, I have a lot to do by myself.

"No, I prefer being alone." Quietly answering I began to fidget with my hands.

"I have this other book you might like, it's one of my favorites." Changing the subject, I rush into one of the shelves and began searching for a particular book. Finally finding it, I went back, seating much further than before.

"It's a fantasy retelling of Beauty and The Beast, I think you might enjoy it."

"Sure, I'll try to read it now." Chuckling, she takes the book.

"You can take that home if you like. I don't mind." I smile, really eager for her to read the book.

"Really? Okay then." Suddenly a loud thunder echoes through the room and Emma jolts. Trembling, she hugs her knees and closes her eyes tightly. I immediately go to her side, and worriedly pat her back.

"It's okay, you're safe." Her breathing deepens as she engages in a panic attack. She looked so scared and vulnerable at that moment.

In a panic, I hug her tightly. Not too much so as to not hurt her. Finally, tension leaves her body as she opens her eyes.

"I'm here." I say in a soft voice. Hugging me, she slightly trembles.

"Let's go to the music room, the walls are sound proof in and out. Guiding her towards the room, I close the door and she finally calls down.

"I-I'm sorry-"

"You have nothing to apologise for. Don't worry, I understand."

"Thank you so much."

"Do you know how to play the piano?" I ask her.

"Just a little bit."

"Okay, come." Sitting on the piano, I start a note. And another, and another, until it turns into a pattern. Slowly, it starts to sound like Golden Hour. Closing my eyes, I feel the music. Suddenly, a chord has been added. Looking at my side, I see Emma, her beautiful smile radiating heat into my body. We continue playing.

"Can you solo this part?" I whisper to her ear. Nodding, she plays the melody. I quickly stand up and grab the violin, matching the chord to the melody. Eventually creating a synchronized instrumental. The music flow through my veins and the sound we make sounds heavenly.

With Emma playing the last note, we finish the song. Opening my eyes and panting, I look at her only to find her doing the same, a huge smile on both our faces. For a moment the world stopped, only our heavy breathing can be heard. I notice strands of hair lingering around her, creating a beautiful view.

A knock on the door interrupted the odd moment.

𝐀/𝐍: Nevermind I have a fucked up schedule 💀 anyways, I wrote this chapter in the middle of class- don't worry, I still finished my work. It was kinda nerve racking as a lot of people watched me do this but yeah
Don't forget to vote, comment and tell me what you think!
Bea :0