𝐈𝐈𝐈 𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐬

𝐄𝐦𝐦𝐚

Mornings. Either a blessing or a curse.

*Beep boop*

The sound of an alarm clock blared through the room. Stepping out of the bed, I turned it off.

The upper bed creaked, letting me know that Anna is awake, also. She stood up groggily, and stretched.

"Morning." Anna greets shortly. I nod and walk to the bathroom. Brushing my hair and teeth, I went downstairs, along with Anna.

"Morning you two. Bout time you wake up. We've got a lot of work to do on the garden today." Dad smiles and prepares our breakfast.

"What work do we have to do? We've already added the soil to the new plants, watered the cacti, and added fertilizers!" Anna wined as dad rolls his eyes.

"First off, I don't like your tone Anna. Secondly, have you pulled all the wild plants? Composted the soil? Sprayed insecticide?" Dad raises an eyebrow and Anna kept shut, pouting.

"I thought so" dad continued with his food and I let out a chuckle. Anna groaned and glared at me but kept quiet. We eat our food and finally, got to work on our garden.

Anna pulled the weeds out while I prepared the insecticide for dad to spray. He doesn't allow us to do it ourselves because he considered it to be dangerous. After that, I went to our pet bunnies and fed them equally. We have two, one for me and Anna. Mine is brown with black parts such as the ears, face and paws, I call her Nova. Based on my favourite nebulae!

  Anna's rabbit is gray, his ears have a darker shade at the tip

  Anna's rabbit is gray, his ears have a darker shade at the tip. She calls him Clover, from Sophia The First.
I make sure to give them equal amount of food and treats.

After they are well fed, I excuse myself and go to our room

After they are well fed, I excuse myself and go to our room. I just got this new book called The Cruel Prince and I'm excited to read it.

Uhm hi. I'm Emma. 18 years old. I have an amazing twin sister, who's quite the opposite of me. She is 7 minutes older. I do love her. Afterall, she excels in almost everything compared to me. Sports, social standing, friends, personality, while I'm just boring. Quiet, into weird things, shy. And I'm completely fine with that. I'm happy, content. I don't do well in big crowds and I prefer smaller ones. I do have a lot of friends, but obviously, Anna introduced me to all of them. I wanted to stay low key, and support my sister from her shadow.

It was all normal, no grudges, angst, or anything really. We were one happy family, happy twins.

That is until, senior highschool. When I ranked higher than Anna in academics. In fact, I ranked highest in the class. I didn't mean for it to happen, I just noticed how easy the subjects were getting so I put a little more effort than I usually do. But that changed everything in our relationship and in my life. I'm not being dramatic, I see her distance herself from me more often. And I feel horrible.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when she walked into the room.

"Hey Anna, wanna go to the cafeteria next door? Y'know, like we always did?" I say hopefully, feeling my confidence shrink.

She just smiled. To others it may seem genuine, but I can clearly see how forced it is. My heart cracked a little.

"Sorry, I'm hanging out with Jassmine later, maybe next time though" All my hope drained. Ouch.

"Oh. That's okay" I say, a lot less confident than a minute ago. She grabs her bag and shoes, walks out of the room. Walks out of my heart.

Oh dear...

𝐀/𝐍: Coming in with the forth chapter! As you can see, Emma has difficulties of her own. I'm sorry if it's shorter than usual, but don't worry, next chapter will still be her POV. I'm having quite fun writing her character haha :D
Don't forget to vote, comment, and tell me what you think!

Bea <3