47. promise watch

Jungkook chuckled as he saw another picture of Rosé holding her blue baby bottle in her photo album at the living room

"That's when she was three.", Hongjun appeared from the kitchen with a glass of water.

"Ah, uncle. I'm sorry, I just got bored so I took this from the table.", Jungkook replied before Hongjun gave him the glass.

The older man sat down next to him and smiled as he looked at the picture on the photo album.

"She can't let go of that bottle. I always tried to take it from her when we take pictures but she will hold to it like it's the most precious thing to her.", Hongjun said as he flipped to another page where there was a picture of young Rosé crying when he pulled the bottle from her hand.

Jungkook shook his head at the picture before he went back to the first few pages of the album.

"Can I take this picture, uncle?", he asked as he pointed to the picture of baby Rosé that seemed to wave her hand to the camera.

"Sure, why not?", Hongjun replied to him.

"Okay, I'll come over in an hour.", Rosé's voice echoing from the stairs startled Jungkook as he took her picture from the album.

Hongjun got up to see Rosé walking downstairs with a luggage.

"You seem to pack a lot.", he said as Rosé ended her call with someone earlier.

"Chae, we're just going to visit my mom for two days.", Jungkook added as he approached her, shaking his head at her overdid bag packed for the short visit to Busan.

Rosé nodded, "I want to be prepared...just in case."

She smirked after the sentence.

"O...kay.", Jungkook lost words to respond to her.

"Wait, both of you have no plan to elope, right?", Hongjun suddenly asked them.

"What?"

"Daddy, no!"

Hongjun cracked a big laugh looking at their reaction.

"I'm just kidding, my dear.", he patted Rosé's head before telling Jungkook to relax.

The young man cannot hide how tensed his face looked like after being teased by Rosé's father.

"Take care of your fiancée. She can be hard to handle sometimes, I know her well.", Hongjun whispered the last sentence to him which also can be heard by Rosé beside him.

"Dad, I'm not the same hard to handle child. I can handle myself well.", she stated as she crossed her arms with a smug smile at her old man.

Hongjun scoffed playfully before pulling her into a hug, "But you're still my only child that I love and care about so much. It's my responsibility to remind anyone close to you to take care of you, Rosie."