30. cupcake

Two people from the board of directors and three judges from within the company were already sitting on their seats in the discussion room

Two people from the board of directors and three judges from within the company were already sitting on their seats in the discussion room. Jungkook was nervous as hell as he prepared his board and slides for the idea presentation. He was not even sure if he will get the available slot for the grand presentation event next month. He did not have much time to gather all the materials to finish on time.

"Okay, everything's ready.", he said as he checked everything he needed for the last time.

When he was going to start his speech, the door of the room is opened and a staff came in apologizing at the door.

"I'm sorry Mr Park our president couldn't be here today. His place will be filled by our VP instead, welcome Ms Roseanne Park.", the staff said before allowing the third person from the board of directors to join the demonstration presentation.

Jungkook was at a loss of words as he saw Rosé entering the room. She did not even look at him as she went to her seat. She greeted the other five people and only faced the front after she was seated.

"Okay, Mr Jeon. You may start.", one of the judges who is also a senior production executive said to Jungkook.

All eyes were on him including Rosé. He looked at her without saying a word. Rosé frowned before she mouthing to call him.

"Mr Jeon?"

"Ah, yes.", he answered her.

"You may start your presentation.", she told him and he nodded before he realized that everyone was looking at him.

He cleared his throat and for the last time looked at Rosé before he began. He saw her mouthed at him wishing him good luck and he smiled a little at it.

After the presentation, five of the people viewing his demonstration left the room first leaving Rosé with him. She went to help him with his things and congratulated him when everyone has left. He smiled at her as he tried to keep his reaction unnoticeable by other people.

"Jungkook.", Rosé whispered as she followed behind him.

He stopped at the door, "Hmm.."

"Let's have lunch outside.", she told him with a smile.

"Outside? Where?", he asked in the same whispering tone.

"I've been craving steak. Can we go have it today, Kookie?", Rosé asked while holding his arm, trying to get his approval.

He looked at her hand with caution. Thank god they were alone in the room and people outside cannot see them through the door. He slowly touched her hand and removed it from him.

"Okay, where is it? I'll meet you at the place.", he agreed.

However, Rosé pouted at him.

"Let's go together. I'll drive us there.", she told him.