27. how to

The ride home after they reconciled that night was one of the quietest drive for Rosé

The ride home after they reconciled that night was one of the quietest drive for Rosé. Jungkook did not talk to her and they were only accompanied by the instrumental music from the car radio. Rosé herself did not have the mood to talk since they left the amusement park.

"We're here.", Jungkook spoke after he parked the car just outside the gate of Rosé's house.

He looked at her and found that she was sleeping with her face facing the window. Because of that, he decided to slowly take off the seat belt for her before waking her up. However, he was surprised when Rosé suddenly turned around with her hair brushed through his face making him froze.

"Jungkook, what are you doing?", Rosé asked as she looked at him, their gap were just a few inches away.

"I, I was going to wake you up.", Jungkook replied as he took off the seat belt and backed away from her. "We've reached your house.", he added as he signalled her the mansion out there.

Rosé looked outside, "Oh, yeah. Sorry I fell asleep."

"It's okay, Chae. It's late and you're sleepy.", Jungkook replied.

She nodded before she picked up her handbag. Jungkook looked at her every movement until she opened the door. He was ready to say goodbye to her but she looked at him while calling his name.

"Yes, Chae.", he responded to her.

She just looked at him without a word until he called her name back.

"It's nothing. Good night, Kookie.", she finally said before she walked out of the car.

"Good night, Chaeyoung.", Jungkook replied before he watched her stepping inside her house and started to drive after that.

After the car is gone, Rosé sighed and walked in a feeble steps inside her house.

"You're home.", Hongjun's voice made her jump at the stairs.

"Daddy...you startled me.", Rosé said while rubbing her chest, trying to calm herself down from the shock her father gave her.

Hongjun just giggled seeing his daughter, "You startled me too. I thought who it was that just parked their car in front of our house at this hour."

Rosé avoided his eyes as she walked past him on the second floor.

"Did you go out on a date?", the question stopped her.

"No.", she quickly replied without looking at him.

"Really?"

"Yes, daddy. I just hang out with Jisoo unnie. I told you, didn't I?", Rosé said as she turned around to see her father.

"Hmmm....your makeup looks different now.", he said as he observed Rosé's face.

"What?"

"You had a lighter colour lipstick before you went out. And you added mascara in your eyelashes.", he said while pointing at her face.