19. next step

A week went by and Rosé was satisfied with the daily update about Jungkook that she received from Dongwook

A week went by and Rosé was satisfied with the daily update about Jungkook that she received from Dongwook. Since the incident between her and Jungkook last week, he did not skip daily briefing that Dongwook made and she did not go to the 20th floor to check on him. She knew he will be uncomfortable with her constant visit to his floor so she refrained herself from it.

"Good afternoon, Rosie.", she looked up to see her father standing in front of her.

"Daddy, hey.", she replied before she put her phone in her handbag and offered her father to sit to have lunch with her. "You come to the office today. Is this an inspection day? You come here to check if I'm doing my work or not..", she said to him, hoping that he will not ask about what she was smiling at on her phone earlier.

"Mmm...no. I'm here to pick up some stuff from my room and to give you this invitation card. A man from Seoul High asked me to give this to you.", her father handed her the white envelope.

She opened it and looked at what was written on it.

"Hm, school reunion. Who's the man giving you this card? Do you know him, daddy?", Rosé asked as she was not into things like reunion especially when it comes to Seoul High which she just had one year spent there.

"I don't know. He just said that he got information that Roseanne Park is back and that he wants to give this invitation card to her. I just happened to see him when my car drove out of our house.", he replied. "Probably your classmate or just someone from the school.", he added.

Rosé nodded while putting the invitation card into her handbag, not wanting to think about it at the moment.

X●X●

Dongwook had just walked out of his office when he heard the sound of keyboard clicking at a cubicle at a corner of the 20th floor. He was going to go home so he did not expect anyone to still working at that hour. When he walked closer to the cubicle, he saw Jungkook's eyes peeking at him from there.

"Jeon Jungkook, why are you still here?", he asked as he approached the cubicle that he knew not belonged to Jungkook.

"Hajoon got a problem so I helped him out.", Jungkook answered while keeping on typing in.

Dongwook looked at the screen he was working on, "What was the problem with this?"

Jungkook stopped typing, "It's not..with this coding. He said something came up at home and asked me if I can help him finish it."

Dongwook nodded, "Leave it. If Hajoon asks you about it tomorrow, tell him to see me. I'll talk to him myself."

"What will you do to him?", Jungkook asked.