Chapter 11 🌲

Athena's POV

Carefully I opened my eyes. My mouth felt dry and my eyelids heavy. I blinked several times. Woah, that was different indeed. It was as if my sight had always been bad, and trust me when I say I had pretty good sight. I went through my memories and all the pictures were as if they had been taken with a bad camera, if that was even a good enough description to tell what I saw. I sniffed and overwhelmed by the scents around I took the pillow as fast as I could and covered my face.

Wait. That was fast, I thought. I wonder how fast I can move, I added with a smirk.

I rushed out of bed and into the bathroom, however nothing seemed to go too fast as I moved, but somehow I knew that I was going faster than normal. I came to a stop as I looked myself in the mirror. I frowned. Yet again someone had bothered with my state of dress. I was in underwear. Then my eyes widened.

First of all I had blue flecks inside the purple of my irises. I already had a nice body, but now I was supermodel material (not that I could rival Rosalie). 

"What the hell?" I mumbled to myself as I leaned a bit forward.

"Enjoying what you see so far?"

Rosalie's voice startled me and I turned. Barely registering that I heard talking from the first floor. Huh, that was strange.

"More like I'm surprised. I have vamp beauty," I said, my tone of voice teasing. I tilted my head. I replayed the memory and listened to my own voice.

"Everything about you is enhanced now," Rosalie said softly.

"You don't say," I muttered and scratched the back of my neck.

"Athena, may I fill you in on what happened while you were unconscious?" she wondered.

The surprise must have been very visible in my eyes. I mean, it was not like I expected her to act nice towards me. She smiled and gestured me out of the bathroom and to sit on the bed with her.

"Sure." I shrugged.

"How to start..." She looked to be thinking a bit. "Athena, how can you put it nicely to someone that they are not human?" she then wondered.

"Huh, that's a weird...Oh..." I. Am. Not. Human? Can my days just get any worse? "How do you know?" I then asked, pulling myself together.

"Alice had a hunch-"

"Wait, you mean she can't see me?" I asked wide-eyed.

She shook her head. "No, she can't."

And while she said that, I heard Alice saying that she couldn't. My head tilted to the side.

"You got all stiff and then fainted. We don't know why but your blood that most likely isn't blood might have to do something with it." The last part was barely above a whisper and she took my right hand in hers in what was supposed to be a comforting gesture.

"So i don't have blood?" I squeaked.

"Like I said" Rosalie repeated with a nod.

"Huh" I said, not fully believing what she was saying.

🌲